Like Tree146Likes

March 2022 - China Covid Cases

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Tell me how I'm wrong:

If they beat back omicron then at least it may be possible for HK to also. If they can't, then mainland policy will change. Win win?

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    The point is simple and contentious and you seem to have not wanted to confront it fully.

The zoomed out scale is not the whole point at all, or even the main point.

The real point is that Human death is not undesirable in most senses, and as long as people live mostly in the zoomed in state we will be storing up more problems than you are clearly willing to admit.
    You really don't get it do you?

If people thought CLam was acting independently from China and not following orders, I guess this is their wakeup call.

GO GO SHANGHAI

GO ALL OUT AND SHOW MOTHER NATURE WHAT HUMANS CAN DO

WE ARE ALL COUNTING ON YOU TO DELIVER A KNOCKOUT BLOW TO MOTHER NATURE

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    If people thought CLam was acting independently from China and not following orders, I guess this is their wakeup call.
    I'd draw the exact opposite conclusion. HK has resisted a lockdown.

Ultimately It's pointless to care too much about who is calling the exact covid shots, all that matters is what those shots are. And in HK's case the horse has long since bolted.

In fact, as I predicted very publicly - HK is swinging ever more towards living with covid.

They are a full 2 years+ too late to the game, but even the HK clowns are now saying that everyone will get covid and using the word endemic.

Covid exposure looms for almost everyone – The Standard

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzz:
    Tell me how I'm wrong:

If they beat back omicron then at least it may be possible for HK to also. If they can't, then mainland policy will change. Win win?
    OMG. You seriously think we would want that here? Massive lockdowns and then a return to complete isolation from the world... until the next quarantine hotel outbreak (say in the next week or so)... rinse and repeat... potentially forever? ZERO COVID DOES NOT WORK in a world with good vaccines and a highly transmissible virus. Living with it is the ONLY strategy - but living with covid is not one strategy. There are many ways to do it in a "HK-way" which can manage the ongoing risks. Let's just find a strategy that works for OUR city, with OUR geography and OUR economy - not some half-baked import from a third world country just because it happens to own us.
    Beanieskis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    OMG. You seriously think we would want that here? Massive lockdowns and then a return to complete isolation from the world... until the next quarantine hotel outbreak (say in the next week or so)... rinse and repeat... potentially forever? ZERO COVID DOES NOT WORK in a world with good vaccines and a highly transmissible virus. Living with it is the ONLY strategy - but living with covid is not one strategy. There are many ways to do it in a "HK-way" which can manage the ongoing risks. Let's just find a strategy that works for OUR city, with OUR geography and OUR economy - not some half-baked import from a third world country just because it happens to own us.
    Can not la.

One country.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzz:
    Tell me how I'm wrong:

Why would HK want to eradicate Covid-19? All others jurisdictions seem to be using this more infectious and less severe Omicron strain to protect society from future strains significantly reducing the future risks to their respective nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-elderly-found

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast