Like Tree58Likes

China Eastern aircraft reported down

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Name:  Crash.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  94.4 KB

Original Post Deleted
    Well...that confirms it was a vertical plunge into the ground. Horrific for the passengers and crew. RIP
    hullexile likes this.

Now on the PPRUNE, someone floating the idea of suicide, either by one of the pilots or some passenger and crew breaching the cockpit and somehow shoving the flight yoke full down. I'm...not going to jump to conclusions yet at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Well...that confirms it was a vertical plunge into the ground. Horrific for the passengers and crew. RIP
    It would take quite a while even with a vertical plunge to travel that distance. Imagine the fear
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    It would take quite a while even with a vertical plunge to travel that distance. Imagine the fear
    Yeah just horrible, may they rest in peace. I mean the rescue personnel and other first responders will still do their job to find survivors, but after watching that...my heart sank.

P.S-Its hard to make out from the video, but I don't see any wings on the plane during its final moments of plunge. If the wings snapped off in flight, it might not be a suicide. I suppose its possible the G force from the vertical dive snapped it off, but flightradar shows the plane was cruising normally before it just suddenly plunged vertically, that suggest the wings came off in-flight. And with no lift from the wings, the fueslage would come down vertically. I just hope they quickly find the black box and voice recorder so that the investigators get to work to investigate the cause and bring some closure to the relatives and loved ones of this crash.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 21-03-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Tracking data shows it dropped 25,875 feet in 3 minutes (143ft/second).

Dear 2022, why would a plane fall out of the sky?

(That's not near Ukraine or Russia...)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast