Like Tree58Likes

China Eastern aircraft reported down

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

flight path

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei:
    here's a vid of the vertical fall, viewer digression is advised
    Can be 90° when you watch from the right direction. But another video shows is more like 55-65°

can't imagine the devastation if it fell in the city

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Likely scenarios include pilot suicide, aircraft mid-air collision with military aircraft (they don’t have transponders like civil aircraft), [flight MU5735] was struck by a missile or an on-board explosion
    https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...c4749988af7298

From the two videos it looks like it came down in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    China Eastern don't fit the split wingtip devices on their 737-800. As for PAN, that is how the rest of the world works. On the mainland...I don't know.
    Yes, I was only referring to 737's in general. You can do that in the mainland too (CX does), but whether their own AIRLINES allow it I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    From the two videos it looks like it came down in one piece.
    The fueslage did, hard to tell if the rear stabiliser or both wings are still attached, judging by the photos it seems at least one wing was ripped off prior to impact (likely as a result of the steep dive not necessarily the cause of it).

Do we ever get to know the full report on accidents like these in China. I know generally these things are investigated thoroughly and full investigation findings released. However, should there be anything dodgy - terrorism, inadequate maintenance - how open are the Chinese authorities?

CAAC (Civil Aviation Administration of China) just gave a press conference to update on the status of the rescue and recovery operations. They said they have yet to find any survivors. China Eastern Yunnan manager claims the pilots were healthy and had no issues and the plane did not have any maintenance issues and was operating normally on prior flights.

It's unusual that the co-pilot had 30,000 hours of flight experience, and the pilot only 7,000. There was also a third trainee pilot on board with just a few hundred hours.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast