Like Tree98Likes

April 2022 - China Covid News

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14

I had to re-read the artice ... ONE CASE ..

The Chinese megacity of Guangzhou cancelled hundreds of flights Thursday and launched mass testing of 5.6 million people after one suspected Covid case, as the battle to contain the coronavirus sweeps across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I had to re-read the artice ... ONE CASE ..
    It is actually the right thing to do if you are going for zero covid

Go hard go early
    shri likes this.

If we are not going to reopen the border, what’s the point of quarantine. Conversely, if we are going to continue quarantine, how do we rule out CUT (although I am slightly more encouraged by the “no concrete plans” declaration).

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    If we are not going to reopen the border, what’s the point of quarantine. Conversely, if we are going to continue quarantine, how do we rule out CUT (although I am slightly more encouraged by the “no concrete plans” declaration).
    I think those in power here are/were hedging their bets in view of the unfolding Covid situation in China. Depending on which direction China ends up going, HK would have to take vastly different actions.

Foreigner shouts iwantodie
    https://youtu.be/k8d_ANZQ3Rc

https://themarket.ch/interview/china...rative-ld.6545

For the past two years, the party leadership and government have spun the narrative that China has handled the pandemic much better than the decadent West. Now this narrative is blowing up in their faces.

…The authorities have spent a year bad-mouthing Western mRNA vaccines, with the result that people in China don’t trust the vaccination. That’s the problem: The political leadership can’t admit, so close to the Party Congress, that there is another way in dealing with Covid.
    Until the 20th Party Congress, which will take place later this year, they will stick to the Zero Covid policy. President Xi wants to be confirmed for a third term, so he cannot change his narrative this close to the finish line. The president has maneuvered himself into two dead ends at once: He can’t change his Covid policy, and he can’t change anything about his friendship with Wladimir Putin.
    Combine this with Carrie Lam's speech yesterday that the mainland border opening is still the aim and not an international opening, bar a miracle I don't think HK is opening up anytime soon.
    qhank likes this.

https://www.macaubusiness.com/citywi...s-distributed/

Fortunately we are a SAR and there is zero possibility of this happening here.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14