Like Tree98Likes

April 2022 - China Covid News

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Things kicking off in Guangzhou?

A total of 61 infected people have been reported in this round of epidemic in Guangzhou, most of which are from Baiyun District, with 45 cases, Haizhu District and Yuexiu District, with 7 and 4 cases respectively.
    Spotted on the Chinese Standard.
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Things kicking off in Guangzhou?

Spotted on the Chinese Standard.
    GZ Schools closed

Quote Originally Posted by riversidejr:
    why there are no deaths at all
    Because the standard of Covid death in China is very high. See, you are Covid positive, your lung fails, you suffocate and die - cause of death will be lung failure, but not Covid.

Also interesting to read about Guangzhou. Officially they have 19 asymptomatic cases - in the whole of Guangdong... Something ain't adding up.

http://www.nhc.gov.cn/xcs/yqtb/20220...e6d2dc8c.shtml
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    Yesterday was the highest at ~26,000, but the rate of increase has been decreasing for a week now.
    The numbers are thought out every morning by the politbureau... It may imply something about the internal discussions within the party, but not more than that.

I really do hope China are ramping up the vaccination status of its elderly

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I really do hope China are ramping up the vaccination status of its elderly
    Story in the SCMP today saying they are. If they turn their focus to this, I expect they will get them all jabbed very quickly. Diverting resources from zero Covid to vaccination is sensible, but could it indicate a chink in the armour?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Face matters more than anything in terms of Chinese politics. Right now, the CCP cannot afford to change the Zero Covid policy. To do so would mean they are wrong and they can't afford that lost of face. So even if some officials know the current policy is infeasible in controlling the omicron wave and extracting an ever higher cost on society, it doesn't matter. So long as the emperor say the zero Covid policy is the way to go, that will be the way no matter what.
    Or do you think social stability matters more than face? If you assume that what is leaking out of China is only a fraction of the reality, that's got to be getting to a tipping point? I'm sure there would be a way to explain a change in direction without losing face.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Or do you think social stability matters more than face? If you assume that what is leaking out of China is only a fraction of the reality, that's got to be getting to a tipping point? I'm sure there would be a way to explain a change in direction without losing face.
    Well clearly we haven't reached the tipping point yet. For now, face still matters more. Don't underestimate the power of "Face".

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Because the standard of Covid death in China is very high. See, you are Covid positive, your lung fails, you suffocate and die - cause of death will be lung failure, but not Covid.
    Isn't there a global standard for counting covid related deaths, i.e. that generally, a death within x days of testing positive is generally to be counted as covid related death if no other clear evidence such as car accident etc.? In your example, the lung failure should prima facie a consequence of covid and if they don't need to count such a fatality, then why are we talking numbers at all?
    That being said of course any number coming out of China does not make any sense anyhow.

Drones are flying around telling people to close their windows and stop singing/protesting from their balconies

https://twitter.com/aliceysu/status/...BUPvg5rawFFoXg

shri likes this.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast