Like Tree14Likes

China exit bans for its nationals

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

China exit bans for its nationals

I see rumours going around that China is banning the exit of its nationals. Decided two days ago by the CCP and implemented today.

Anyone can confirm or deny that?

Has been going on for a while. Chinese can only exist for "necessary" reasons, like studying, working overseas etc. Afaik if you have a passport with a valid foreign visa you are allowed to leave.

National Immigration Administration says to 'strictly' implement strict entry and exit policies, 'strictly' restrict non-essential outbound activities of Chinese citizens, and 'strictly' review approval and issuance of entry-exit documents.
    That sounds exactly like the current restrictions.

National Immigration Administration says to crack down on illegal entry and exit activities to prevent spread of epidemic through illegal and criminal channels.
    Just means cracking down on people travelling by speedboat from HK.
    shri likes this.

This is really old news.

chingleutsch likes this.

I thought I saw something about returning nationals getting their passports confiscated. Can’t attest to the reliability of that report as I don’t remember the source.

Chinese border police 'clipping' passports of citizens as they arrive back home

https://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/l...0510-rfa01.htm

shri and saltywetman like this.

Reminds me of getting the passport stamped on the picture on 9th of November 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei:
    Chinese border police 'clipping' passports of citizens as they arrive back home

https://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/l...0510-rfa01.htm
    Good read. Not sure from the article if this is done to prevent emigration or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    This is really old news.
    Yes, I heard that China stopped issuing new passports already some time last year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast