Like Tree50Likes

Bank runs in China?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

China numba wuuuuuun!
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Some accounts are being unlocked...

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/st...L9JuKsE2nVNmhA

Quote Originally Posted by HSY:
    Some of protestors seem puzzled at what laws they have broken. I don't know the exact laws in Zhengzhou but there should be one that states gatherings and assemblies in public are illegal or at a min, require permit application and pre-approval before you can demonstrate. So they would have gathered there knowing full well they are breaking the law and resisting police efforts to disperse the crowds would naturally be met with physical force. Even if there isn't one, they should be able to enact one fairly quickly so please stop your demonstrations and abide by the law.

I think the sensible thing to do is to wait for further news at home - a lot of ppl are affected and the gov already said they will do something about it so we'll see. There's no need to be so radical and violent. Forming crowds easily lead to chaos, you don't know everyone's intentions there. Some want to sit there and demonstrate peacefully but others more extreme just want to rage at the authorities, don't become accomplices to their crimes and get swept into doing things.
    Obviously, you have no idea (or pretend not to have an idea) what's going on in China and how the country operates.
    Gatts likes this.

Even if there isn't one, they should be able to enact one fairly quickly so please stop your demonstrations and abide by the law.

I think the sensible thing to do is to wait for further news at home - .
    Awww...how sweet. It must be nice though to have complete faith that if you just sit at home quietly the government will sort it all out. I wouldn't expect that to happen in a open, free, democratic society nowadays let alone one that does it's upmost to keep people under the thumb and quiet.

Money is fungible that's why liquidations and sorting out whose claims come first take so damn long. And this is also consistent with HK. If you are suspected of illegal activity e.g. stole $100k, they will freeze all your bank accounts pending investigation and not just freeze 1 account with enough money to cover the stolen money. That's probably why so many ppl can't withdraw.
    What is this gibberish? Are you seriously trying to say that they froze all activity because of a small amount of suspected illegal activity, or that everyone is involved in illegal activity?

I think the sensible thing to do is to wait for further news at home - a lot of ppl are affected and the gov already said they will do something about it so we'll see. There's no need to be so radical and violent. Forming crowds easily lead to chaos, you don't know everyone's intentions there.
    And this. Again- are you serious?
    Gatts likes this.

My wife also told me that in some rural communities the authorities used the Covid app to try to restrict people to go to the banks in the cities by moving those areas from a green code to a red code in the Covid app. Covid really has been a godsend for the Chinese government to reestablish full control, restricting travel inside and outside the country.

Quite disgusting to see how our government handles protest. But in moderation, it seems the normal routine to get the thugs in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast