Like Tree27Likes

Tracking Nancy Pelosi's Flight to Taiwan

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A few reports have said that this is not the flight she is on. Or whatever her flight is has been blacked out.
    I surprises me if that would not be standard practice for any senior member of the administration! Surely they don't broadcast to terrorists where they are?????

...any Subs in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei:
    ...any Subs in the area?
    Lets see if this guy is right ...

https://twitter.com/FlightsSlow/stat...R9J-WIrQk9m2gw

It does seem to be on track to now head straight up ... similar path to the tweet above.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 7.11.10 PM.png
Views: 250
Size:  145.3 KB

Having 3 carriers (and all their support ships and subs) together in the same area seems to indicate this was planned quite a bit in advance!

shri and Mrs. Jones like this.

If we're going to have a military showdown, might as well get it out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I surprises me if that would not be standard practice for any senior member of the administration! Surely they don't broadcast to terrorists where they are?????
    It's not feasible to blackout a flight. Only thing you can do is avoid telling anyone who is on the flight. All planes show on radar and planes with their transponder turned off will just cause air traffic control to send the military to check them out. Even the NATO planes operating around Ukraine can be seen on flightradar. The only exception are military planes flying a combat mission.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

The story for the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier (based in Japan) is that it is just heading home from a trip to Singapore:

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...ei-2022-08-02/

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Having 3 carriers (and all their support ships and subs) together in the same area seems to indicate this was planned quite a bit in advance!
    Tripoli and America are LHAs. Still more powerful than anything that the PRC Navy could muster but its not like the USN concentrated all their pacific CVs in such a tiny spec of ocean