Like Tree40Likes

August 2022 - China Covid News

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Starting to look like that "5 more years of zero covid" tweet is exactly what's being planned. Hopefully it will cause their fall.

qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    No clue who or what faction is behind this thinktank... but pretty brave of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...o-covid-policy
    Good. Obviously just farting in the wind for now, but hopefully these kind of things start to happen more often and snowball into a headache which the CCP can't ignore. Good to see more places getting shut down too. Sooner or later this should start taking its toll.
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    At the moment there is not very high population immunity in China. If what happened in HK happened there the death would be on a massive massive scale. I can understand why they want to avoid that scenario as it would be very de-stabilising, which is what they're so keen to avoid. What I don't understand is why they're not using this time whilst they have it under control to compulsorily vaccinate all the old and vulnerable. It seems they've not learnt from what happened in HK. They don't need to wait for an mRNA vaccine as many claim, Sinovac does a pretty good job at reducing deaths.

I don't think that any amount of economic woes or people getting fed up will make them shift course - that's a breeze compared to millions of deaths. The only controlled way out of it is by vaccinating, as Singapore did.

I agree that if they do lose control of Covid the eventual outcome will inevitably be opening up, but it would be very unpleasant getting to that point. I hope they choose the vaccination route at some point. Otherwise I think it's inevitable that at some point a Covid variant will get the better of them.

But there won't be 'massive massive' deaths at all - there will be similar (definitely on the high end of normal) levels of deaths to all the other territories out there.

When you have population of 1.2bn a few million is nothing more than a catchy headline.

Yawn.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/healt...gtype=homepage

Fuck off back to China cunts

People truly get the governments they deserve

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/healt...gtype=homepage

Fuck off back to China cunts

People truly get the governments they deserve
    Sadly the propaganda and brainwashing campaign perfected by the CCP has succeeded to instil fear in Chinese citizens who blindly follow the CCP controlled social media, news agencies etc.

Even in Portugal we sometimes speak with Chinese friends who believe that Xi did a fantastic job eradicating Covid.

I understand the current CCP storyline to defend their policy to stick with zero covid has shifted from the fear of catching Covid (as evidently it is becoming clear that catching Covid is like a minor flu) to highlighting stories on how people outside China all suffer from long Covid and that catching Covid will basically be a ticking time bomb later in life.

Meanwhile I am sure high ranking CCP members are all frantically scrambling to try to move their proceeds (corruption) from endorsing Covid tests, masks, hazmat suites, quarantine facilities etcetc outside China. I see a flurry of activities in the last year or so of firms being registered in the UK (and other places) with dodgy shareholders, all in preparation to start moving more funds out.
    Cheeky Kiwi, saltywetman and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm:
    Sadly the propaganda and brainwashing campaign perfected by the CCP has succeeded to instil fear in Chinese citizens who blindly follow the CCP controlled social media, news agencies etc.

Even in Portugal we sometimes speak with Chinese friends who believe that Xi did a fantastic job eradicating Covid.

I understand the current CCP storyline to defend their policy to stick with zero covid has shifted from the fear of catching Covid (as evidently it is becoming clear that catching Covid is like a minor flu) to highlighting stories on how people outside China all suffer from long Covid and that catching Covid will basically be a ticking time bomb later in life.

Meanwhile I am sure high ranking CCP members are all frantically scrambling to try to move their proceeds (corruption) from endorsing Covid tests, masks, hazmat suites, quarantine facilities etcetc outside China. I see a flurry of activities in the last year or so of firms being registered in the UK (and other places) with dodgy shareholders, all in preparation to start moving more funds out.
    While there is no doubt that China's policy is way over the top and that many country are showing that it is manageable to live somewhat normally in a COVID world, it is very likely untrue that COVID is like catching a minor flu and it was certainly different in my case, I have felt worse catching other bugs but it wasn't like a minor flu. There is a more reasonable position that is somewhere in between the "it's just like a minor flu" and "we're all going to die" alarmists. With COVID, it points to a higher death rate, higher hospitalization rates, higher possibility of long term complications, higher transmissibility which mean having to be more careful about spreading it and also often different symptoms. In my opinion, it is neither helpful to trivialize it or demonize it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...enza-1.6402772

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Totally agree, I think more will die in the long run, and certainly more life years will be lost as it's more likely to impact the young than the old. You won't see body bags piled high in a short space of time though.
    To them lots of deaths over a long period of time that can be explained away > short, dramatic event which actually causes less deaths. It's all about optics. And i know of very few countries, besides notably north korea, who almost rely exclusively on optics to stay in power
    Beanieskis and Sage like this.

I think it is pretty clear that they want to get rid of the expats who provide a contrarian view which could influence other Chinese people. We didn't get through a brainwashing education system so we are a danger to society.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Covid internment in the SAR prior to entry into China

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage