Like Tree4Likes

Chinese Volleyball Team & Masks..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chinese Volleyball Team & Masks..

Looking at the social media comments given in the article there seems to be some understanding that the Beijing approach may be OTT. If this were to spread then perhaps reality will change but I doubt it. But then it is a BBC article which ranks with the Daily Mail in terms of reality.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-62684036

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But then it is a BBC article which ranks with the Daily Mail in terms of reality.
    Only in your mind. The BBC is regularly comes top or near the top of trusted news organisations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Only in your mind. The BBC is regularly comes top or near the top of trusted news organisations.
    And Rappler is always firmly bottom of the Reuters survey and the BBC uses (or used) Rappler as its main if not only trusted source. Go figure.

To be fair now that Marcos is America's new BFF the previous BBC correspondent for the Philippines has gone and the false Rappler based coverage has stopped.

Anyway off topic.
    Gollygordon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And Rappler is always firmly bottom of the Reuters survey and the BBC uses (or used) Rappler as its main if not only trusted source. Go figure.
    Wow, I didn't realise the entirety of the BBC news output was mainly sourced from Rappler.

The BBC has become far too politically correct and far too Americanised. I don’t find it as impartial as it used to be. Great articles are great, there’s no doubting that but it’s gone down a couple of notches as far as I’m concerned.

Russians burning off gas story being one sensationalist story to cite an up to date example. Happens all day every day in many gas fields. Sensationalist nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:

Russians burning off gas story being one sensationalist story to cite an up to date example. Happens all day every day in many gas fields. Sensationalist nonsense.
    The article explicitly addresses your “point”. No idea if you simply didn’t read it, didn’t understand it or disagree with the expert quoted?

While burning off gas is common at processing plants - normally done for technical or safety reasons - the scale of this burn has confounded experts.

"I've never seen an LNG plant flare so much," said Dr Jessica McCarty, an expert on satellite data from Miami University in Ohio.
    Climate change: Russia burns off gas as Europe's energy bills rocket https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62652133

The world needs to decide. If it is, rightly, not going to buy Russian fuel, then it can’t at the same time sit back, look at rising fuel prices and say look at the amount of wastage they’re burning off on a daily basis.

Russia are undoubtedly burning off much more than they actually need to but the air time given to that would be better spent asking a) why is the west so reliant of fuel from Russia b) why are fuel increases not going to be felt as badly in France as in most of the rest of Europe?

the answer to the last question is France has a heck of a lot of nuclear power but part of the solution is to divert meaningless £ spending on defence, weapons etc and subsides this winter. Energy companies won’t be the ones suffering that’s for sure.

it’s simply not balanced reporting and is In part propaganda.

Either way the written BBC is not impartial. The World Service and Global Correspondents are, however, generally excellent.

Gollygordon likes this.

Yep, you were talking out of your arse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Yep, you were talking out of your arse.
    I sometimes talk out of my arse but you are always a cunt.

if it’s not Brit’s view it’s wrong. No wonder you’re on this forum. No local friends
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Was it trolling to drop in a comment knowing full well it will get the expected response?

I do wonder what makes some journalists fair game (e.g. Daily Mail, FOX) but others infallible untouchable gods?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast