Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By nivek2046
  • 1 Post By drumbrake
  • 2 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By Plutark

Chinese delegation barred from viewing Queen Elizabeth’s coffin

Chinese delegation barred from viewing Queen Elizabeth’s coffin

House of Commons Speaker Lindsay Hoyle rebuffs request from Beijing.

https://www.politico.eu/article/chin...in-parliament/

Well, it would seem that she ain't "officially dead".

I haven't heard of any Death[ Certificate being issued, NOR of any "cause of death" being announced!

Was her departure "hastened"?

I know that I won't be around to view MY Death Certificate, but I would hope that my family will be aware of what "snuffed me out".

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    [FONT="]House of Commons Speaker Lindsay Hoyle rebuffs request from Beijing.

[/FONT]

https://www.politico.eu/article/chin...in-parliament/
    Weren't they banned by the Speaker from visiting the Houses of Parliment after the Chinese government infiltrated the office of a prominent Labour MP? Just a continuation of policy following the interference in the workings of government from a foreign force.

https://hongkongfp.com/2022/01/14/uk...in-parliament/

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia:

I haven't heard of any Death[ Certificate being issued, NOR of any "cause of death" being announced!

I know that I won't be around to view MY Death Certificate, but I would hope that my family will be aware of what "snuffed me out".
    I don't think they announce the cause of death. What did Philip die of?

She caught covid back in February 2022 ... In some countries that would still be used as a cause of death 6 months later, even for 96 year olds.

ByeByeEngland likes this.

The Queen and Prince Philip actually died around 10 years back and the Queen Mother 30 years ago. The country wasn't ready for either of these events, hence the body doubles usage up until a week or so back

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    The Queen and Prince Philip actually died around 10 years back and the Queen Mother 30 years ago. The country wasn't ready for either of these events, hence the body doubles usage up until a week or so back
    So that is why the Queen seemed to be shrinking! The double was shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Weren't they banned by the Speaker from visiting the Houses of Parliment after the Chinese government infiltrated the office of a prominent Labour MP? Just a continuation of policy following the interference in the workings of government from a foreign force.

https://hongkongfp.com/2022/01/14/uk...in-parliament/
    Fun fact, I knew a guy who worked for the house of parliament. We got an exclusive visit, there is a tunnel from the house of parliament to the house of commons. Technically we were not supposed to have seen it but he had full security clearance he did not care. We were told to leave once they found out what we did.

It was not as well guarded as you might think.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia:

She died of being 96.