Like Tree11Likes

Xi Jinping's speech..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I listen to almost the whole speech live, no mentioning of Covid in the speech.

On Taiwan listen from here: https://youtu.be/6dIF3EicPnc?t=5690

Longest applauds after that speech..

Name:  IMG-20221015-WA0007.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  2.2 KB

That's how I feel about the "Taiwan Question"...I think it was a mistake not to correct the framing bias from the beginning, most ppl incl myself prefer to let sleeping dogs lie. Don't antagonize hoping it will eventually go away. Now would be a good time to start tho...not the time to leave ppl to fantasize on their own. After chanting Taiwan and reunification for decades...now the whole world thinks this is a legit problem of China that needs to be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    I understand the heavy police presence in Mongkok and TST now.
    They have been doing drills for the last couple of weeks.

Taiwan's response: No thanks...

In response, Presidential Office Spokesperson Chang Tun-han (張惇涵) was cited in a statement as saying Taiwan is a sovereign country and its people believe in and insist on democracy and freedom. He said that the majority of Taiwan’s citizens have made it clear that “We resolutely refuse ‘one country, two systems.’”

Chang added that President Tsai Ing-wen (蔡英文) had already iterated Taiwan’s stance, which is to continue to uphold the “Four Commitments,” to reinforce its own resilience, and increase Taiwan’s visibility in the world. He said Taiwan’s stance is firm; it will not yield its territorial sovereignty, nor compromise democracy and freedom, and taking to arms is not an option for cross-strait relations.

As Tsai mentioned in her speech, Chang said, under the principles of rationality, equality, and mutual respect, Taiwan is willing to work with Beijing to find a way to maintain peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait in a manner that is acceptable to both sides.
    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4688201

But was it an important speech? And if it was, was it more important than his important speech?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    But was it an important speech? And if it was, was it more important than his important speech?
    Every speech is important. There is no hierarchy of speeches in the ongoing revolution against the bourgeoisie
    shri and north2 like this.

Yep - was braving the wing on sale yesterday and some of the usual beat cops had been replaced by PTU cops with big guns and those bomb collar thingies (the big collars that support your neck). Clearly sheung wan is a hotbed of whatever it is they are on the lookout for.

Or it's cool enough atm to wear that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    They have been doing drills for the last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    Yep - was braving the wing on sale yesterday and some of the usual beat cops had been replaced by PTU cops with big guns and those bomb collar thingies (the big collars that support your neck). Clearly sheung wan is a hotbed of whatever it is they are on the lookout for.

Or it's cool enough atm to wear that stuff.
    Even in LKF/Soho they were wearing that on Friday night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast