Like Tree52Likes

Dec 2022 - China Covid News

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden:
    So far, there is no evidence that there is a new dangerous variant spreading in China. When the new variant delta emerged in India in 2021, we didn't see India trying to restrict its citizens from going out or the West preventing Indians from entering its borders. These are double standards and dirty politics
    https://time.com/6047130/australia-i...id-travel-ban/
    hullexile and Mrs. Jones like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Probably more to discourage them from travelling in the first place, also probably part retaliatory action
    NateM, Baklava and saltywetman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    I am just completely confused by what the news is saying, the source of all info to us. There's no continuity in their reporting at all. I'm v sure all the papers up until few weeks ago wrote abt China and its unduly onerous zero covid policy, a bad move made by Xi he can't recall w/o losing face so now residents locked away made to test test vaccine and test just to fulfil the zero part - oh dear how will China catch up.

Now the unduly onerous part is gone. Sudden uturn w no logical explanation why - all true. But why would that suddenly change the whole narrative to abruptly dismantled restrictions that had contained the disease, vacc rates poor, so unprepared and now hell is breaking loose.. what does that even mean, so not really unduly onerous under zero covid then.. What happened to the narrative from before??
    The press love bad news. So it will always be bad news and a disaster either happening or about to happen. That doesn't mean it is not true of course.

The problem is the lack of planning and preparation in China's policies.
    Mrs. Jones and Baklava like this.

Some countries did this, but not most. At that time, the international community did not clamor for a travel ban on India, which is completely different from the current calls around the world to ban Chinese tourists from traveling. And don't forget that now covid is over, that's the collective consensus around the world.

The current calls seem to be more based on emotional and irrational thinking.

And this history also tells us that the travel ban is useless, I thought this was the consensus of most of this forum, but it seems that this only applies to non-China regions, what kind of logic is this

I am not as worried as the media tbh.. the comparatively lower elderly vacc rates as usual were supposed to be the obstacle bcos fear of death toll spiking after China's successful return to the world. The last news said over 90% overall vacc but rates lower at 60-80% for elderly. So the 250mn infection stats that gets reported from an official here and there to media making everyone nervous shd really be irrelevant, it was never the concern before this..

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9