Like Tree5Likes

Wohooo! I hope it's true!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The stock market was celebrating this morning. Within mins of these releases it crashed ... What happened here?

It's just words.

Millions and millions of people living in absolute misery in China. They won't let it go. It's such a travesty.

They certainly aren't going to let it rip, so while the Big White madness may tone back they are going to need to dial up social distancing and other restrictions to slow the spread very significantly and for a long period of time while they vaccinate the elderly and build up some health care capacity.

Having built a huge narrative around the decadent west and a million dead Americans they can't afford to let exiting zero be anywhere near as much of a shitshow as it was here. Nevertheless I suspect it probably will be.

Overall the economy has a lot of headwinds to face before anything like normality returns. Seems like a 6-9 month journey to me.

NYT has a piece explainibg some of the changes..

https://archive.is/w5fcj

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    They certainly aren't going to let it rip, so while the Big White madness may tone back they are going to need to dial up social distancing and other restrictions to slow the spread very significantly and for a long period of time while they vaccinate the elderly and build up some health care capacity.

Having built a huge narrative around the decadent west and a million dead Americans they can't afford to let exiting zero be anywhere near as much of a shitshow as it was here. Nevertheless I suspect it probably will be.

Overall the economy has a lot of headwinds to face before anything like normality returns. Seems like a 6-9 month journey to me.
    They're in full let-it-rip mode. PCR tests have been stopped even for hospital inpatients.
    shri likes this.

Better make sure all those censors are vaccinated and hire a few extra... when the body count rises they are going to need them!

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    They're in full let-it-rip mode. PCR tests have been stopped even for hospital inpatients.
    Yeah it does seem that way... I guess if they deny the body count and prosecute anyone who asks questions it just might work economically but with their lack of health care capacity surely it'll make HK 5th wave look like a picnic.
    Gatts and qhank like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast