Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mengfei
  • 1 Post By PBPBPBPB

Official 2023 China Holidays!

Official 2023 China Holidays!

Time to plan & remember it's just a plan

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/TTgEfi3hWsxC2zJhKizScg

East_coast likes this.

April 29 - May 3, a total of 5 days off.
    You’ll be required to work on April 23 (Sunday) and May 6 (Saturday).
    I never understood this policy. Give people holidays with one hand, but make then work weekends with the other.

I ask HR this question & they said they where just following government set holidays & can't be changed

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei:
    I ask HR this question & they said they where just following government set holidays & can't be changed
    Our company just gave everyone the other 2 days off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    I never understood this policy. Give people holidays with one hand, but make then work weekends with the other.
    Yeah, it's like taking the dollar from your left pocket and transferring it into to your right pocket then declaring you have a net worth of two dollars.

Teaching in China for two years, I always asked my students if they wanted to attend weekend makeup classes arising from public holidays, or if they would prefer (What?!? But...) to find a weekday slot for the makeup lessons before or after the public holiday concerned. And guess what, once the idea occurred, I never lost another weekend to makeup classes, and the students were well disposed towards their foreign devil.

shri likes this.