Like Tree88Likes

Jan 2023 - China Covid News & Issues

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11

This gossipy oh lol type bullshit I've been seeing from the same ppl over and over across diff topics threads and victims and doesn't seem to be criticised is gobsmacking bcos it is so plainly intentionally vicious.

And I know you guys are cowards and bullies bcos you make derisive comments abt me to each other when I am just right here. I've seen some exhanges btw FrancisX and some ppl here so I gather there's some history but when he joins the conversation, he responds directly to TheBrit first. He doesn't gang up like you cowards, making lol oh look at him type remarks.

I don't think I'm really that disruptive to thread discussion with my unintelligible nonsense, annoying if you prefer a linear flow so I'm cramping your style but the discussion here isn't particularly open-minded anyway. Maybe it is bcos of covid stress but when I see FrancisX remarks abt the obesity, the first thing to my mind was none of what Gatt or hullexile thought abt. I thought he was talking abt why WHO has clearly ignored the importance of natural immunity to covid that to-date still ranks as one of the 2 top available protection and guard against covid virus, vacc being the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Why?

I do not know anyone who has or is suffering from significant side effects due to the vaccine. I have never even spoken to anyone who has mentioned that they know someone who does.

All the stats prove that the death toll is lower in vaccinated people and that is believable and logical in my view.

Being vaccinated has made life easier, eg. travelling and being allowed at/into places.

That said, I see little point in getting more than my 3rd vaccine, unless my company mandates it or future travelling requires it.
    Those people with increased risk of myocardial, esp from the Moderna medicine might now think hesitancy would have been better.

Look, I'm not anti-vax - I have had three shots, as has my family, although this was mostly out of necessity (travel, etc.), especially for the kids. I just think lots of mistakes were made during this journey and it highlights the value of caution around new and mostly unproven medicine and medical interventions such as ventilators.

My overall point is that the shots are mostly good, but they are not an ultimate panacea and never were, despite being presented that way. We could and should have done much more with encouraging people to be healthier ("Lose weight or die of Covid" would have been an effective tagline ) and invested more in treatments rather than the rush to create a vaccination that isn't a vaccination and that in some cases made people sick and even die.

Instead to all got tribal once again and people simply adopted the position of their tribe rather than applying critical thought
    . "Look at him taking horse medicine"
    "Look at them sheep injecting poison",
    etc.
    Last edited by FrancisX; 08-01-2023 at 12:59 PM.
    Crankshaft likes this.

I v low enuthusiam in arguing over the unvaxx rate mostly cuz I don't think they will ever get to a lvl satisfactory and comforting enuff to say ok we good now w herd immunity..

Is anyone in HKgov even keeping track of the vacc rates and what was their last supposed goalpost..

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    invested more in treatments rather than the rush to create a vaccination that isn't a vaccination and that in some cases made people sick and even die.
    ?

I do not know anyone who has or is suffering from significant side effects due to the vaccine. I have never even spoken to anyone who has mentioned that they know someone who does.
    I know of a young lady who had cardiac side effects due to the BionT vaccine.

Why?

All the stats prove that the death toll is lower in vaccinated people and that is believable and logical in my view.

Being vaccinated has made life easier, eg. travelling and being allowed at/into places.

That said, I see little point in getting more than my 3rd vaccine, unless my company mandates it or future travelling requires it.
    That's the problem right there. Mandates. People in general don't like being told what to do by the people they have elected into government. Of course dictatorships like Hong Kong are different though. Employers forcing vaccines on their staff! Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    ?
    ?

Please explain. Are you questioning the need for treatments or the fact that some got sick and even died from the vaccine?

https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/en/

The vaccine doses by age grp table

I can rem when the goalpost was 2 doses bcos not all had taken the 2nd..and 2nd vs 3.. or 80+% was herd immunity goal, then 90, then break down into elderly adult kids..

I don't think there is a real goal here. I think the best shot at some real progress is to keep calm and resist urge to react immediately and over the top panic at the next if any possible variant threat news. If WHO can calm down enuff to internalize into perm regimen the vacc stuff, it will be a period program like what flu and related vacc research is now, visavis all countries. Optional to take eventually but a perm ongoing health focus..
    Last edited by sarsi; 08-01-2023 at 03:42 PM.

The world panicked. It was well intentioned and perhaps barely avoidable panic but panic nonetheless, and it led to many mistakes. Time now to accept that we were wrong about many things (I include myself in this) and move on.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11