Like Tree88Likes

Jan 2023 - China Covid News & Issues

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Fair enough.

China should pay for the suffering they caused the world.

NOO!!!! Australia, you bastards! I fly CX from Japan to Australia (transit in HK for a few hours) Jan 4th, arrive Aus 6am on Jan 5th, and the Australian government has today decided to introduce testing requirements for all flights from China (including HK and Macau) starting 12.01am Jan 5th.

For me in transit in HK, I am not sure I need to test or not and show when boarding in Tokyo, but lets assume I do, then next problem I dont know if a self administered RAT is fine or I need to get a PCR. If just a RAT I am fine (got a few in my suitcase and some old negative ones I used for 7 days in HK a few months ago). But if I have to get a PCR in Japan over new year now I'm screwed. Well, I can probably find a place somewhere in the next 2 days if I have to, but the biggest problem right now is I dont even know if I need to or not and whether I can just rock up to the airport and show the negative RAT or I need to do the full PCR bullshit.

I thought in 2023 we had seen the last of this nonsense!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-...lers/101820078

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    So easy to just use a fake PCR result to be able to board. I may or may not have done it to get back to HK a few months ago. No one gives a S.
    Thanks for the tip, I may or may not have to do this as well.
    Crankshaft likes this.

It’s so easy to jump on the bandwagon just as most of the world did to the UK in December 2020. Still remember the pain, worry (and pleasure let’s be fair) of 21 days washout in Dubai plus 21 in QT.

alexdown likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    It’s so easy to jump on the bandwagon
    China is going to require a 48h PCR test once they reopen on the 8th, even from HK. Not as much a bandwagon as reciprocity.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 02-01-2023 at 09:10 AM.
    alexdown likes this.

Apparently it can be either a RAT or PCR however you need an official lab report.

shri likes this.

I just checked in for my CX flight from Tokyo to Perth with transit in HK, arriving in Perth 5 hours after the 12:01 deadline on 5th. The CX check-in page didn't mention I have to get a test, said not required. But it also said the travel information was last updated Dec 29 which was before the new measures announced. So buggered if I know whether I should get a test or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I just checked in for my CX flight from Tokyo to Perth with transit in HK, arriving in Perth 5 hours after the 12:01 deadline on 5th. The CX check-in page didn't mention I have to get a test, said not required. But it also said the travel information was last updated Dec 29 which was before the new measures announced. So buggered if I know whether I should get a test or not.
    Transit passengers are exempt:

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/defa..._0.pdf?noembed
    Last edited by shri; 04-01-2023 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Fixed
    shri likes this.

Note that the forum is breaking the URL so you need to edit it by hand to delete the drive.google.com crap.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast