Like Tree88Likes

Jan 2023 - China Covid News & Issues

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I just checked in for my CX flight from Tokyo to Perth with transit in HK, arriving in Perth 5 hours after the 12:01 deadline on 5th. The CX check-in page didn't mention I have to get a test, said not required. But it also said the travel information was last updated Dec 29 which was before the new measures announced. So buggered if I know whether I should get a test or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I just checked in for my CX flight from Tokyo to Perth with transit in HK, arriving in Perth 5 hours after the 12:01 deadline on 5th. The CX check-in page didn't mention I have to get a test, said not required. But it also said the travel information was last updated Dec 29 which was before the new measures announced. So buggered if I know whether I should get a test or not.
    Transit passengers are exempt:

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/defa..._0.pdf?noembed
    Last edited by shri; 04-01-2023 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Fixed
    shri likes this.

Note that the forum is breaking the URL so you need to edit it by hand to delete the drive.google.com crap.

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    Note that the forum is breaking the URL so you need to edit it by hand to delete the drive.google.com crap.
    Thanks for the info, that link doesnt seem to be working and I cant see anything about passengers transiting through HK on the Aus smart traveller site yet, but it would make sense that transit passengers are exempt. I just wish the bloody Australian government would make the rules clearer, not announce some vague crap on Jan 1st, effective Jan 5th, and then continue their holidays and not give clear guidelines.

I found this PCR testing center in Shinjuku today that charges only 2500 yen + 1000 yen extra to give some certificate with my passport number on it that "should" be good for travelling purposes. So I went ahead and did this, will get the result by email by midnight tomorrow which is just before my flight. If I wait until tomorrow, a same day test jumps 10 times in price to about 30,000 yen. So fuck it, I just take the test now and give myself a bit of extra piece of mind. I could also create a fake PCR certificate from some Japanese/english samples I found online but for only 3,500 yen I will do it the right way and my conscious is clear

Name:  20230102_134047.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  670.3 KB

Name:  20230102_133208.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  326.3 KB

Great news.

Who wants sickly unvaccinated Chinese in their country?

It's also embarrassing for the CCP. I bet they thoght they could just get away with the chaos and suffering they've caused world wide.

I don't see the big deal in getting a PCR test done in Hong Kong to travel if it's to punish China.

Punishing normal Chinese people isn’t punishing the architects of the Chinese failure to deal with covid.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Who wants sickly unvaccinated Chinese in their country?
    You don't want positive people, whether they are vaccinated isn't relevant.

Hong Kong seems strange, after fuzzing around for 3 years with often no logic and no common sense at all, and now there is a clear defined threat and it's all momentai..... Quite pathetic.
    hongkongmusic likes this.

You're right Brit.

But it still all boils down to the CCP. They lie, silence scientists, have inferior vaccines, and won't share data. All very predictable behaviour.

They all look like a bunch of nervous nellies to me..every country..China, others.. :x

It doesn't feel like punishment but if anything I think China's punishing us.. well the world..and themselves in the end. Clearly what started this crappalooza was the first 2 articles from FT and NYT that reported the 250m memo leaked by china top officials and guangdong qingdao health commissions w their 500,000+/day estimates (obtained by running thru models apparently).. all the countries are pointing to WHO calling on China for more data urgently, under report variant risk the usual as the reason for putting up restrictions.

WHO nvr raised any such urgent concerns abt these across public headlines before those 2 articles appeared. Only after..

I think ppl incl me who aren't as worried abt covid or imo taken over by the fear and fragility of life are underestimating the effects on ppl who are.. why would the officials even talk abt these numbers to press and only after relaxation not before.. obv the individuals don't think its a good move and trying to alter the flow slightly by slipping some info that hints at.. don't be too relaxed and share cooties

Last edited by sarsi; 02-01-2023 at 06:32 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast