View Poll Results: Any plans to head into China Mainland since the border reopened?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Already been

2 3.85%
  • Going next week

1 1.92%
  • Going soon after CNY

1 1.92%
  • Will go in a few months

11 21.15%
  • Maybe sometime this year

9 17.31%
  • No need to go anytime soon

3 5.77%
  • No need to go

25 48.08%
Like Tree31Likes

When will you go to the mainland?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I am not really in the mood to do a google search for you

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    I met HK locals who lived their whole life in HK and never entered Mainland.
    I find that hard to believe. Do they hate the mainland that much? They are also a dying breed since very soon, every secondary school student in Hong Kong will be required to take a mandatory study tour to the mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpaochicken:
    I find that hard to believe. Do they hate the mainland that much? They are also a dying breed since very soon, every secondary school student in Hong Kong will be required to take a mandatory study tour to the mainland.
    I don't think the ones I met hate mainland, fear it probably. Also delusional about the actual state of the country and its people, believing what Apple daily or similar have been feeding them.

Overthinking it.. There's apparently the K-Farm hydroponics urban farm (1st ever) at the Kennedy Town harbourfront that I've been meaning to go check out just for the sake of it. It's been a few yrs and I still haven't - 3 min walk away. I would be surprised if one day I get asked why I hate the K-Farm so much..

Grinnie Jax and chingleutsch like this.

It's small but cool

I find that hard to believe.
    Why? This vote showed 50% of the residents here see no need to go to the Mainland. This sample doesn't include those that cant afford to go.

Do they hate the mainland that much?
    Jumping to the conclusion it is due to hared probably says a lot more about you than them. But the answer is no. Many people see the Mainland as an inferior version of Hong Kong with high wealth disparity, worse universal health, worse education, worse hygiene regulations compliance, higher taxes and insurance but a little cheaper for some entrainment activities. HK is a long way from any locations really worth visiting in China.

They are also a dying breed since very soon, every secondary school student in Hong Kong will be required to take a mandatory study tour to the mainland.
    It's a pity every mainland secondary school student didn't get the chance to visit Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Australia or Singapore. That would be better for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Why? This vote showed 50% of the residents here see no need to go to the Mainland. This sample doesn't include those that cant afford to go.

Jumping to the conclusion it is due to hared probably says a lot more about you than them. But the answer is no. Many people see the Mainland as an inferior version of Hong Kong with high wealth disparity, worse universal health, worse education, worse hygiene regulations compliance, higher taxes and insurance but a little cheaper for some entrainment activities. HK is a long way from any locations really worth visiting in China.

It's a pity every mainland secondary school student didn't get the chance to visit Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Australia or Singapore. That would be better for the country.
    “ Why? This vote showed 50% of the residents here see no need to go to the Mainland.”

What residents are you talking about ?
    The residents of HK ?
    The residents on geoexpat ?
    Of which at least 2% don’t even live anymore in HK but are just lurking around because they have nothing better to do with their life.

This sample is completely meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

“ Why? This vote showed 50% of the residents here see no need to go to the Mainland.”

The residents of HK ?
    Of which at least 2% don’t even live anymore in HK but are just lurking around because they have nothing better to do with their life.

This sample is completely meaningless
    woodwood likes this.

And those 2% would not even be able to get a visa at the moment.
    Which is great, it makes China a better place.

woodwood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:

The residents of HK ?
    Yes, this poll. Certainly not accurate but very indicative. I have already pointed out the poll is flawed as it wouldn't include people too poor to go. But again it is indicative which should have taken away the surprise one poster had that people don't want to visit the mainland.

Name:  Mainland visit poll.png
Views: 86
Size:  30.0 KB

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast