Hi all. There was an SCMP article recently on how to travel to Shenzhen, but after finding out more details, I realized that SCMP article was just the very high level overview and didn't help with the details at all. Nowhere have I found detailed instructions on how to travel to Shenzhen and return from Shenzhen to HK, especially if we want to do a day trip to Shenzhen.
Anyways, from all my research, this is what I have gathered so far. I would like some help from people that know this process in more detail than me (especially if you have done it already). Here is what I know so far:
1) You need to book a slot online to cross the border from HK to Shenzhen: https://www.quotabooking.gov.hk/cbt_...m/hk/index.jsp. Do you get a QR code upon completing this process, with the deadline of the time/date that you must cross over to Shenzhen?
2) You need to reserve a spot to conduct a PCR test: https://booking.communitytest.gov.hk/form/index.jsp. After you get your PCR test result, you need to then enter your test result in the Leave Home Safe App "PCR Testing Registration Code" section? Or what is the "PCR Testing Registration Code" section for in the Leave Home Safe App for?
3) Present your QR code from 1) and present your PCR test result from 2). at the HK-Shenzhen border customs/checkpoint.
4) Once you enter Shenzhen, if you want to return to HK on the same day, go to the HKSAR Department of Health Health Declaration Form website and in the section "Other Control Points," fill out the form: https://hdf.chp.gov.hk/dhehd/?lang=en-us. You then then get a QR code with the deadline of the time/date that you must cross over to Hong Kong? Does this QR code look similar to the QR code from 1) above?
5) When returning to HK, at the HK-Shenzhen border customers/checkpoint, present the QR code from 4) and also your PCR test result from 2). We can reuse the PCR test from 2) that we used to enter Shenzhen, when we return to HK right?
Help would be appreciated for this. I haven't seen a nice English guide that walks over the whole process. If there is a nice Chinese guide, please post it here too, I may be able to use Google translate to figure some stuff out. Thanks.