Like Tree4Likes

China Lifts Visas Suspensions

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    42

    China Lifts Visas Suspensions


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    47,767

    In addition to new travel documents being reviewed and approved, visas issued before Mar 28, 2020 that are still valid will once again allow entry to China, said the embassy notice posted on Monday, translated by AFP from Chinese.

    The updated policy will also allow for the resumption of visa-free travel for those arriving in cruise ships to Shanghai, as well as for certain tourist groups from Hong Kong, Macao and countries within the ASEAN regional grouping, the notice said.
    https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia...vid-19-3344721
    HK_Katherine likes this.

  3. #3

    Big news but also has anyone used the visa free policy? So is this a potential loophole to not applying for a visa from the airports? I assume you need to come off a flight but can't find the specific term

    https://www.travelchinaguide.com/cit...-visa-free.htm


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    581
    India has not been allowing Chinese nationals to get tourist visas for a while. Do you know if Indian nationals who are PRs in HK can apply for China visas now? What about Indians in India? Usually applications for Indian HK PRs have been easier in the past compared to applications from Indian nationals in India.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    47,767
    Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    India has not been allowing Chinese nationals to get tourist visas for a while. Do you know if Indian nationals who are PRs in HK can apply for China visas now? What about Indians in India? Usually applications for Indian HK PRs have been easier in the past compared to applications from Indian nationals in India.
    Absolutely no clue ..

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Absolutely no clue ..
    I suppose I'll have to test it myself from HK at least.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    1,689

    I think at least Indians with HKPR should be able to apply for multi-entry/multi-year visa from 15-Mar in HK, a friend travelling regularly to China is confirming this.. Not too sure about application from India..

    shri likes this.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,760

    Just FYI, my mate who has an APEC card that is expiring in April 2023 went to Ningbo last week as soon as he was allowed too, he hasnt been to China for his job for 2 years.


  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,171
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Just FYI, my mate who has an APEC card that is expiring in April 2023 went to Ningbo last week as soon as he was allowed too, he hasnt been to China for his job for 2 years.
    What you mean "as soon as he was allowed too"? Isn't the border already open for 5 weeks? (Feb 6th to be exact)

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,760
    Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    What you mean "as soon as he was allowed too"? Isn't the border already open for 5 weeks? (Feb 6th to be exact)
    Bad wordings on my part, what I meant to say was as soon as he could travel (get time off his current job) to start up his old job (Garments export).

    Just wanted to give info for anyone thinking of going up on APEC card.
    flameproof likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast