Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TakeshiT

Travel to Zhuhai- Experience at the Zhuhai Bridge Port Customs

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    Travel to Zhuhai- Experience at the Zhuhai Bridge Port Customs

    Hi folks,

    Quick query- I am keen on making a short holiday trip to Zhuhai through the HK-Macau-Zhuhai bridge. I presume the Customs in the Ports, both HK/ Zhuhai have very long lines these holiday days? I was checking some info online- how is Zhuhai's public transport? I have a Mainland Travel permit(very annoying to apply for), so I have Mainland access. Thanks!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlang11:
    Hi folks,

    Quick query- I am keen on making a short holiday trip to Zhuhai through the HK-Macau-Zhuhai bridge. I presume the Customs in the Ports, both HK/ Zhuhai have very long lines these holiday days? I was checking some info online- how is Zhuhai's public transport? I have a Mainland Travel permit(very annoying to apply for), so I have Mainland access. Thanks!
    HK side was very short even on Wednesday when there was a lot of traffic (as long as you are a resident).

    We went to Macau which was a 40 mins wait. I think Zuhai is a lot shorter

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    12,333

    I think if you can use the electronic gates in both directions it's very fast. I tried to use the electronic gate in Macau and apparently wasn't registered (and nobody could tell me how to register either) and the queue for the manual check was a bit annoying.


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,462
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I think if you can use the electronic gates in both directions it's very fast. I tried to use the electronic gate in Macau and apparently wasn't registered (and nobody could tell me how to register either) and the queue for the manual check was a bit annoying.
    You can register for the e-gates at the Immigration Tower in Wanchai. They have a machine for it.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    You can register for the e-gates at the Immigration Tower in Wanchai. They have a machine for it.
    I looked this up as I'm going to be making fairly frequent day trips for work...

    Some of the write ups say if you aren't a PR you need one of these first... could anyone confirm?

    https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/service/..._Purposes.html

  6. #6

    Cookie, the HK-Macau-Zhuhai bridge just blows my frickin' mind- 55km of bridge. I'm interested in seeing how a more 'traditional' mainland city like Zhuhai compares with HK or say, Taipei. The central Taiwan city of Taichung still has a 'backwards' feel at times- things like clutter lying in front of stores, blocking pedestrians, we don't find in HK. Taiwanese flats are generally less than 10 stories high, in part due to it being in an earthquake fault line. Many drivers in Taipei are insane, etc.


  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    51

    If you aren't a PR, I think you're only eligible if you're on a one-way permit, which... I assume you most likely wouldn't be if you're on geo.

    mrgoodkat likes this.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    I looked this up as I'm going to be making fairly frequent day trips for work...

    Some of the write ups say if you aren't a PR you need one of these first... could anyone confirm?

    https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/service/..._Purposes.html
    Yes, only PR have visa free entry to Macau with their HKID. Everyone else has travel with their passport.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Yes, only PR have visa free entry to Macau with their HKID. Everyone else has travel with their passport.
    Right to Land HKID can also be used. It needs to have R on the card as far as I know.