Like Tree1Likes

no more dog eating in china

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

no more dog eating in china

China to jail people for up to 15 days who eat dog

""It won't impact people's lives because only few people eat the meat of dogs and cats," said Chang Jiwen, a principal drafter."

When I was in Guizhou last year, it was common to see dogs being prepared for cooking. So, I'm not sure what 'few' means here.

What's a few million out of a billion?

I was watching the Paul Merton China tour from 2007 when he visited a street where they sold dog meat. Can't remember the name of the city anymore.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_x_SO5Q0dk"]YouTube- Paul Merton China eating dog[/ame]

What do you call this dish? Well this morning we called it "here boy here boy"!

I love dogs and cats (the living variety) but can see the hypocracy of telling people in another culture that they cannot eat them when we happily eat cute little lambs and fluffy ducks. Laws preventing cruelty in the "farming" process are absolutely a good move, but why target specific animals (particularly in a country with poverty where perhaps some folks don't have the luxury of choice)! International image, perhaps? Or do the folks in Beijing just not like dog (the cooked variety)?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I love dogs and cats (the living variety) but can see the hypocracy of telling people in another culture that they cannot eat them when we happily eat cute little lambs and fluffy ducks. Laws preventing cruelty in the "farming" process are absolutely a good move, but why target specific animals (particularly in a country with poverty where perhaps some folks don't have the luxury of choice)! International image, perhaps? Or do the folks in Beijing just not like dog (the cooked variety)?
    I agree. I don't discriminate - I think I'd eat any animal if I was hungry enough or it tasted good - so long as it has decent provenance.

A friend owned a nice dog in China.

He answered to: "Number 8 with black bean sauce."

/it is a joke
    //fire away with reb blobs if you must!

Hmmm...
    I like eating freshly prepared food, like fish chosen by myself from the tank.

But I dont think I can eat an animal (dog, cat, rabbit, cow) after having looked at it in the eye or petted it, etc.

I was hoping to get some dog meat in Beijing in the near future!

Now I must travel to Seoul in order to fulfill this desire of mine.

Woe is me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast