Like Tree15Likes

Man dies, another seriously injured in brawl - Knutsford Terrace

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11

correction, the murderer carried his own knife according to scmp

An update, just in case anyone cares: RTHK English News

Plea bargained to manslaughter it seems.

hullexile likes this.

The prosecution will often settle for manslaughter if they feel getting a murder conviction might result in a not guilty finding as possibly the situation does not meet the full tests required for a more serious conviction.

The hefty 10 year sentence is pretty good for manslaughter.

But if the witnesses are credible in the eyes of the court and the killer said this:

"Witnesses said they heard Jow saying "I will stab at him with it [knife] if he keeps on quarreling." "...
    you would have to think that is murder not something that happened out of the blue.

I guess what happened on the street and who attacked who is at issue - not sure of HK law and what is required to be convicted of a murder conviction.

This killer carried a knife. Remember the dude coming to HK who wants to carry knives. Well the arguments posed against that guy including the one that if you carry a knife, it can lead to dumb acts. Same as when people carry guns to bars in North America. Just takes one incident of someone dissing someone and the shooting starts. Now in Vancouver they have a list at the door of bars of who can't get in and they search for weapons.

Last edited by Football16; 23-08-2011 at 10:16 AM.

dickhead who (happens/seems to be half chinese/partial chinese enthicity) thinks he still lives in the bronx who seems to be very arrogant - I will stab at him with it [knife] if he keeps on quarreling." "... get what he deserves

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11