Like Tree15Likes

Man dies, another seriously injured in brawl - Knutsford Terrace

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Man dies, another seriously injured in brawl - Knutsford Terrace

What was going on here? Anyone been there? A few drunken tourists and some locals?

"A man has died and another is seriously injured after a fight broke out in Tsim Sha Tsui, early on Wednesday morning, a police spokesman said.

About 4am, a group of people began fighting following a heated argument inside a lift. This was after they left a bar on Knutsford Terrace, local media reported.

During the brawl, five people were injured, including a 24-year-old man, surnamed Cheung, who died at 11am on Wednesday. He had received severe knife wounds to his chest and hands.

Another man, aged 29, who suffered injuries to his back, took a taxi to hospital. He is now in a critical condition. Two women and a man suffered lighter injuries.

When police arrived, the fight was still going on. One man tried to resist arrest, but was stopped by police. More officers were sent to help.

A police spokeswoman said the two arrested men were a Chinese, surnamed Lee, and an expatriate, named Robert, both aged 25. Police are still seeking three other men involved in the fight.

Yeah there's a lot of incidents in the area and (Knutsford, Observatory, Austin Ave) many go unreported as its usually gang related and the area is controlled by a couple of different gangs it seems.

So how did an expat end up being arrested then?

Apparently there are some secret gwailos in triads.

"Expat" in HK police speak does normally mean "white" though. They would normally say "South Asian" specifically if they meant someone from the Indian subcontinent, for example.

I think they'd be called "Chinese". It's generally a statement of race rather than nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Sorry Adolf, the term Expat doesnt mean "White people". There are some of us of who are not "White" but are also expats. Oh wait, Im not White so I am a second class citizen in your eyes.
    Well, they said his name was Robert. So I am assuming he was not Indian. There are other possibilities. Would you prefer if I said hak gwai instead of gwailo?

Surname, you dolt.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Surname, you dolt.
    I was under the impression that the police identified gweilos to the press by first name after someone noted that, unlike Chinese, gweilo surnames tend to be quite often unique in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    The article didnt specify Surname did it Einstein? If the cops ask for ID and I dont have it, I can tell them my name is PDLM and thats what they would put in the report isnt it?

Dolt yourself, sunshine.
    Police reports usually state a male surnamed Cheung, etc. Why are you trying to paint me as a racist?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast