Like Tree21Likes

SCMP & Joe Frazier ?!!???!?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    But both searches have Foreman clearly identified. Classic case of my attempt at humor backfirong
    I spent about 45 mins on that... I want $500. Anyway, Joe is mentioned in the corbis caption so I'm quite sure they searched Corbis for "Joe Frazier" and this image was mixed up in the results, probably 100+ results down....

But both searches have Foreman clearly identified. Classic case of my attempt at humor backfirong
    I think you owe him a HK$500 voucher.

Shri... I don't think you know the answer to your own competition question. I might report your post!

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    I think it is sad what has become of the SCMP. It was once a 'must read paper' now it's just another gossip rag. I cancelled my subscription a few months ago - just after they introduced the last changes...
    It is still the best source for local and China news in English.

I think it is very unkind to call it a gossip rag, when they have so many reporters in China who take personal risks to report on local riots, corruption cases etc.
    Last edited by bookblogger; 11-11-2011 at 01:08 AM.

The reason for the mix up is because the editor has got a knock off George Foreman Grill which has a picture of Joe Frasier on the box. By that deduction the picture must be correct in his mind.

bookblogger likes this.

Nice. BUT what I meant was the query typed in by the photo editor at the Scmp.
    HC you'll have to settle for lunch with me.
    Hmmm, you changing rules on me midway thru a contest? tsk tsk! :-)
    I'd be honored to have lunch but I think its my turn this time.

Big George Foreman of today would be forgiving about this writers lack of boxing knowledge, but had this been done in the 70's when Foreman was a mean dude he may not be so forgiving lol. This is truly a huge mistake which could easily have been avoided.

At least they didn't put a picture of George Formby on there.

Last edited by justjoe86; 11-11-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    hullexile likes this.

I really want to know, Shri!

I bet it is something like "black american 70s boxer" or something as generic as that.

I agree Thanks SCMP