Obama supporters results viewing lunch on March 4th at McSorley's -All Welcome....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

" Hanging Chad " sounds like a character from Brokeback Mountain.

Que comments for left and right leaning !

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    " Hanging Chad " sounds like a character from Brokeback Mountain.
    Just as "Paris Hilton" sounds like a Continental establishment offering travellers lodging and food against payment.

Well her dad does own the Hilton chain dude.

Kowloon West / America's Finest City (San Diego, CA)

Go Obama!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Again, people will blame me, but to call this an example of "democracy" is kind of a joke.....

I have always followed closely the US campaign, even if I am a european, and the fact that each states has different voting system, not only make it a headhache to understand for the outsiders (but also for US citizens) but considerably flaws the end results....and the fact, as it happened in 2000 that a candidate can win the election without winning the popular vote is simply not understandable.

In addition, as pointed out by Climber and KIA, the amount of money is clearly obscene and makes you really wonder....

That said, my money would be on Hillary....not that I support her but Bill and her live and breath politics....
    Matt! I dont blame you! Pretty soon, the democratic primary will be decided by the super-delegate votes. how pathetic it is?? Two months ago, I want to put in my absentee ballot... now, I am not voting for neither parties. in 2000, Bush got that help from his brother Jeb in Flordia. again, dont want to go that far because the other side supporters would complain and rated me as a believer of conspiracy theory. anyway, if I was a betting man ( i was not), Obama will eventually get through and McCain would have a slice advantage in november. let the beat goes on...

Here's a random collection of thoughts I have.

1) The world needs a Democratic president. It will create the perception of a friendlier United States (I mean perception... I do not of a second believe that the military / intelligence and law enforcement communities will stand down, both outside and more importantly inside the United States.. but there will be a change in perception along with the change in parties).

2) Obama supporters in my opinion are a bunch of giddy and giggly optimists (sorry to bring this up in a OB thread.. but I had to say that) who I'm afraid will NOT be a match for the dirty tricks department of the GOP.

If you thought Kerry got screwed over by the river boat crew, wait till the Repubs start bringing out the stories from Chicago. No way could he have survived through the Chicago political scene without having gotten his hands dirty.

Richard M. Daley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Richard J. Daley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(By the way, have the Daley's announced who they're supporting?)

Lets also not forget ... he's not really fought an election campaign where the other party has gone for his family jewels ..

Obama lets opponent do talking -- chicagotribune.com

So, the question should be .. seriously, which Democrat can beat McCain ....