Like Tree4Likes

Hong Kong Airlines saftey?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've flown with HK airlines once or twice before, thankfully in both cases there were no delays (because of non-mainland destinations, if flying to China however, delays would be the norm) or anything out of the ordinary (at least from the passenger perspective). However, when things don't go according to plan or there is a hiccup to the schedule, then it's another story. My friends who have flown with HK airlines often tells a rather more worrisome story. There would be no announcement or explanation of delays. Passengers were treated poorly by surly attendants. They would also get no compensation from cancelled flights.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Correction - CRAsh Air
    Could you enlighten us with facts please. As far as I remember, CR Airways' safety record was not bad. They were basically a helicopter operation, that later added fix winged aircrafts going to second tear cities in Mainland China. I do not remember any accidents or serious incidents. Bad management wS their biggest problem as far as i remember, but they did have good and experienced pilots.
    The operation changed completely after being taken over and re-named Hong Kong Airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by garycyk:
    Why a mainland company have to put "hong kong" on their brand name...
    Why do mainland companies have to put Chengdu Airlines, Chongqing Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines etc. on their brand name?
    virago, elle and Watercooler like this.

Quote Originally Posted by garycyk:
    Why a mainland company have to put "hong kong" on their brand name...
    Why don't you try at least once to post something that actually makes sense
    wtbhotia likes this.