Like Tree42Likes

Chinese eats and everyone goes ape *#@(), others do it and no one bats an eye

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I feel guilty, I quite often eat a tube of Mentos while on the MTR. I've seen the signs but never thought too much about them. I think sub-consciously I've seen far too many other people eating that my brain must have justified it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus:
    I wish somoene would tell that to these folks when it's a Chinese person eating or feeding their kids. When it's a Chinese person, the self righeous level goes to epic with demand not only to stop eating but apologize for their grave error and crime against humanity.
    If I was on the train I would have defended the woman from the mainland against those scum. As if Hong Kong people give a shit about eating on the MTR...how about not dropping plastic bottles in the country park or smoking everywhere or jumping queues...etc. Hold a freaking mirror up.

Sent from my HM 1SW using GeoClicks mobile app
    Grumbler likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Do you have some kind of problem with me? It's beginning to get weird man.

I use the MTR all the time and I agree, I've hardly ever seen anyone eating on it. In fact, I've seen westerners eating on it and nobody said anything. I think it's the way people are approached that's the problem. It must feel very intimidating to be in a foreign place and have the locals start shouting at you for something that is quite normal where you're from. Try putting yourself in her shoes. She's alone, in a foreign place with her kid.
    Last edited by parryhotter; 23-07-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: typo

Call me a conspiracy theorist but for those who still thinks the local politicians are "fighting for your freedom and democracy". Crapple Daily is a business listed on stock exchange. Crapple Daily owner gives 40 million HK dollars over to politicians who are most famous for their anti-government antics trying to be disguised as free speech. Money was handled through Mark Simon a self declared ex CIA employee and Pentagon analyst; these donations are never reported by the receiving politicans. Crapple Daily sells more newspaper with more headlines created from the politicians they give money to. Crapple Daily stocks rises on more circulation. Crapple Daily uses HK's free speech bastion to launch soft power attacks against mainland like plastering videos of mainlanders' bad habits and calling them locusts and how Beijing wants to kidnap our babies with HK being the only loser in the picture. You do the math. It apparently is in the non-Crapple Daily newspaper in the last few days but no one is talking about it. Good that it's coming to ICAC attention.
    FYI, a pun usually loses its comedic effect after its first use!

Crapple Daily owner gives 40 million HK dollars over to politicians who are most famous for their anti-government antics trying to be disguised as free speech.
    By the way, what's wrong with being anti-government, if the government of the day is wrong? And why isn't it free speech?

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    FYI, a pun usually loses its comedic effect after its first use!
    Only a foreigner would know that!

Original Post Deleted
    Isn't the MTR beneath most of us?
    parryhotter, Stoob, R.O. and 2 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    this can NOT be any further from the truth. my wife and i have seen locals eating on MTR, including east rail. and no, we did not confuse mainlanders from locals. nobody was saying a damn thing in those cases.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Isn't the MTR beneath most of us?
    B'dumm Tschhh!!

Quote Originally Posted by parryhotter:
    It must feel very intimidating to be in a foreign place and have the locals start shouting at you for something that is quite normal where you're from. Try putting yourself in her shoes. She's alone, in a foreign place with her kid.
    Eating on the MTR is not allowed on the Mainland either. As a matter of fact Mainlanders from first tier cities look down upon and condemn those kind of people too.