15 7.28%
  • Same sex marriages should be possible in Hong Kong

103 50.00%
  • Does it matter?

20 9.71%
  • No, marriage is just for men and women

68 33.01%
Like Tree141Likes

Should Hong Kong recognise same sex marriage?

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

I think they should be considered "domestic partnership" or equivalent, instead of "married". they both share the same kind of benefits and responsibilities. Either way, they have to be professional about how they display their relationship, just like most straight couples are professional about how they display their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperionhtp:
    I think they should be considered "domestic partnership" or equivalent, instead of "married". they both share the same kind of benefits and responsibilities. Either way, they have to be professional about how they display their relationship, just like most straight couples are professional about how they display their relationship.
    Give me one example of displaying relationships professionally? I don't get what you are saying.
    East_coast and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine:
    Give me one example of displaying relationships professionally? I don't get what you are saying.
    The Kardashians - they display their relationships for a lot of money

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    50 per cent of Hong Kong people said they supported same-sex marriage

69 per cent of Hong Kong people said they favour having a law to protect against sexual orientation discrimination

78 per cent believed same-sex partners should be able to visit partners in hospital during as family

Support for same-sex marriage in Hong Kong grows as new study shows attitudes to LGBT community are changing in city | South China Morning Post

Yet again a developed Hong Kong society is let down by it's developing status Government
    FFS do you mean currently same sex partners can't visit in hospital as family?!?
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperionhtp:
    Either way, they have to be professional about how they display their relationship, just like most straight couples are professional about how they display their relationship.

Hope I display my relationship in a "professional way" -- perhaps I'm too good at it, as I once criticized by a Parisian!

I had no idea that the gender choice of a partner might influence the "professionalism" of public display of the relationship. Are non-straight people extra horny or something? I never knew!

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    FFS do you mean currently same sex partners can't visit in hospital as family?!?
    They can not.
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:

Hope I display my relationship in a "professional way" -- perhaps I'm too good at it, as I once criticized by a Parisian!

I had no idea that the gender choice of a partner might influence the "professionalism" of public display of the relationship. Are non-straight people extra horny or something? I never knew!
    She's saying she doesn't like it when same sexes kiss or something in front of her. Basically, the same old same old.

Having said that, I do think the we need to recognise the prudish and backward nature of a lot of the population in this city. (I see it even in the ladies changing room ... women hiding in the shower cubicle to change rather than changing in the changing area!). Seeing gay people being affectionate in public is the same kind of thing. So one should expect a slower transition than somewhere like Sweden where walking around with no clothes on was pretty common 30+ years ago. A "civil union" concept is not a bad stepping stone. It's what the UK had before marriage.

Chief Executive wannabe sets her stall out for same sex relationships

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...n-rights-front

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Chief Executive wannabe sets her stall out for same sex relationships

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...n-rights-front
    A perfect example of the DAB silver spooned riff raff wrecking HKG
    Her Daddy’;s company gave the ex commissioner of police a job on retirement
    She said the Ex-Bill should be retired and then brought up later
    She tried to earn brownie points by visiting the alleged Taiwan murder suspect in jail here to persuade him to voluntarily return to Taiwan to be hanged
    His reply of course referred her to interact with her mother
    Foxtrot Oscar
    Meanwhile Article 23 phoenix risen Broomhead is doing her best to shaft Carrie in the press and appearing at the Mainland tourist infused faux rally yesterday since she thinks BJ might consider an authoritarian replacement
    East_coast likes this.

The planets aren't going to collide with each other, the solar system won't be turned upside down , the comet isn't crashing down in our planet, humans won't starve to death - IF SAME SEX MARRIAGE HAPPENS OR IS RECOGNIZED.

So, why not. I'm tired of seeing/hearing this ongoing debate on same sex marriage.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast