15 7.18%
  • Same sex marriages should be possible in Hong Kong

105 50.24%
  • Does it matter?

20 9.57%
  • No, marriage is just for men and women

69 33.01%
Like Tree141Likes

Should Hong Kong recognise same sex marriage?

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    yes agreed but that was really my point, scrap the ridiculous marriage label and give those that want some kind of commitment the ability to do so with rights equal to those of married people now. One level playing field regardless of the pairing (ok human/animal/fish//insect out of scope
    Alternatively just give civil partnerships or whatever the terminology the same rights as a marriage.
    East_coast likes this.

why would they want to get married? Get out while you can god damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    why would they want to get married? Get out while you can god damn it!
    Make them suffer like the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Alternatively just give civil partnerships or whatever the terminology the same rights as a marriage.
    i agree much much cheaper if you scrapped the ridiculousness and expectation of expenses involved with weddings.

I would advise anyone thinking of getting married to do it quickly, quietly and have a lavish honeymoon somewhere. As well as wishing them the best

i agree much much cheaper if you scrapped the ridiculousness and expectation of expenses involved with weddings.

I would advise anyone thinking of getting married to do it quickly, quietly and have a lavish honeymoon somewhere. As well as wishing them the best
    That is of course your personal opinion.

I have had two. The first at City Hall, two.witnesses. No reception. The second in an amazingly decorated church with 250 guests at the reception. Much preferred the second.

I've only had one but everyone's different, some want a big affair, some a quiet ceremony and some will just want to elope. Some want religion, some want cultural, some secular and some want traditional. Some want horses, others elephants.

Do whatever you the fuck you like, it's your marriage

hullexile and Mary 2 like this.

It's amazing that in 2021 there are polls about how and who people should wed.

Baklava and traineeinvestor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    It should be amazing that in 2021 there are polls about how and who people should wed.
    Corrected it for you. Unfortunately there are still plenty of bigots out there.
    SirNotAppearing likes this.

Didn't China, Kazakhstan or some other oppressive regime set a law about lavish weddings?

Next, set a law about spending on diamond rings. Perhaps a price limit on brand name handbags.
    East_coast and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Views like yours will be consigned to the dustbin of history where they belong.
    I can't find the original post by Dard that you quoted. But science says he's totally wrong. He should read the research of Professor Susan Golombok, who is Professor of Family Research, Director of the Centre for Family Research at the University of Cambridge. She's made her research accessible to the man on the street in this book:

https://www.amazon.com/We-Are-Family.../dp/1541758641

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast