Atheist buses - could it work here?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Ouch!!!
    Canadian university prof compares those who want atheist bus slogans are not dissimilar to the reactions to Darwin when his thesis was first publicized.

Atheist bus ads 'pathetic:' Philosopher

Taylor argued that, "similarly, we're seeing this now among the secularizing intelligentsia — liberals who felt that the world was going in a certain direction, that it was all going according to plan — and then when it seems not to be, they get rattled. So you get these rather pathetic phenomena."

"Taylor was responding to the bus-ad campaign that began in Britain but landed with a splash in Canada in January, when the Toronto-based Freethought Association of Canada purchased transit billboards in that city proclaiming: "There's probably no God, now stop worrying and enjoy your life.""

"...probably..."

Lacks conviction.

What do they yell when they're angry? "F*ck you, maybe!" "Bollocks, perhaps!"

The "probably" was put there because that was what the hypocrites accepting the advertising required in order to do so. For some reason they don't require "Jesus is Lord, probably!".

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The "probably" was put there because that was what the hypocrites accepting the advertising required in order to do so. For some reason they don't require "Jesus is Lord, probably!".
    Of course from a scientific point of view the "probably" is required as there is no scientific evidence one way or the other (and probably never will be).

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

How about we get the Geoexpatmobile out of the garage and plaster it with John Lennon's God?

Great one liners and not a probably in sight

---

God is a concept,
    By which we can measure,
    Our pain,
    I'll say it again,
    God is a concept,
    By which we can measure,
    Our pain,
    I don't believe in magic,
    I don't believe in I-ching,
    I don't believe in bible,
    I don't believe in tarot,
    I don't believe in Hitler,
    I don't believe in Jesus,
    I don't believe in Kennedy,
    I don't believe in Buddha,
    I don't believe in mantra,
    I don't believe in Gita,
    I don't believe in yoga,
    I don't believe in kings,
    I don't believe in Elvis,
    I don't believe in Zimmerman,
    I don't believe in Beatles,
    I just believe in me,

Last edited by kombuchakid; 28-07-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: there is no hyphen G...mobile

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Of course from a scientific point of view the "probably" is required as there is no scientific evidence one way or the other (and probably never will be).
    Indeed - but that is at least as true of statements about the afterlife, heaven and so on.

Maybe someone with some deep pockets can take out some atheist MTR ads here. They could put them right next to the cheesy Noah's Ark ads.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I went in search of Dawkins to find some solace and all I got was this

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9