Like Tree4Likes

Hong Kong teen faces jail for Australia drug ring

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    You don't know her role. She is 19, so probably not the mastermind. Maybe she was told it's special washing powder that is in demand in OZ. Or maybe she was just the girl that handed the parcel to the post. Quite a lot of people get into trouble for such stupidity, or greed, or helpfulness.

We don't know the full story. And keep in mind, it could be you next time when people add stuff to your luggage.
    Did you not read the article?

Three more shipments containing about 28kg of the drug were allegedly linked to the woman before she was arrested on Wednesday.
    Police also allege the woman imported 700g of the precursor ephedrine.
    I don't see how the ignorance or helpfulness card can possibly be played here.
    Greed yes, but I don't see why that should be a get out of jail free card.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I don't agree with the blanket war on drugs, but I also don't think there is any place in our society for Crystal Meth.
    And you think throwing away the key for a teenager is the appropriate way to deal with the existence of CM ?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    And you think throwing away the key for a teenager is the appropriate way to deal with the existence of CM ?
    Probably not, as I don't think jails/prisons are really places we send people to make them better.
    To be honest, I don't have the answer, I also have very little patience for people such as this who traffick drugs - silly mistake? maybe, but we do need to have lines in order to maintain some semblance of society, and she's crossed it.