Like Tree19Likes

Should HK flight attendants be allowed to wear trousers?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA-mLDfRDn4

People don't fly Cathay Pacific just because our hostesses are beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You would hope this is not a real question. Does anyone think the answer should be no?
    Yes

Of course it totally depends on how the lady looks like.

Hot - skirt. the hotter, the shorter
    Ugly - pants.

I will get my coat...

rs4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    You've got to let the guys wear a skirt in that case!
    Sure, one uniform code, various options open to all.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-skirt-protest

Why do airlines still waste so much money on silly uniforms with daft hats and scarfs.

Flying is a tedious experience and the staff should be equipped with comfortable and functional uniforms. Trouser v skirt is only one issue.

or

Of course they should be allowed to wear trousers. And I don't know why they have to plaster on layers of make up either.

chingleutsch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Why do airlines still waste so much money on silly uniforms with daft hats and scarfs.

Flying is a tedious experience and the staff should be equipped with comfortable and functional uniforms. Trouser v skirt is only one issue.

or

You could say the same about office workers being forced to wear shirt and tie. Working in an office can be quite tedious and shirt and tie are not exactly comfortable especially in HK.

These institutions want their uniforms to portray an image about that company.

Although i don't agree with CX enforcing skirts only for women, i also think the flight attendants have the option to leave (or not work there).

If i was applying for a job, then company culture (of which uniform rules portrays some of) would be something i look at before joining.
    purplity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    You could say the same about office workers being forced to wear shirt and tie. Working in an office can be quite tedious and shirt and tie are not exactly comfortable especially in HK.
    Sitting at a desk hardly stretches the bounds of comfort of a shirt and tie. Serving food in cramped conditions, cleaning up vomit in toilets or helping get bags in overhead compartments does.

Perhaps some people do look at the polyester uniforms with unnecessary scarfs and facinatoresque hats and think 'wow that makes the company look great' while I just see inefficient, uncomfortable and dated uniforms that increase ticket prices.
    hullexile, z754103 and shafiq like this.

Safety should be the highest priority, and the cabin crew are meant to be safety... experts? first. I guess they've (men?) calculated that women can provide the highest safety standards possible while wearing a skirt, but my gosh, if it were myself trying to aid people out of a smoky airplane on water, I sure was heck wouldn't want to be wearing a flimsy skirt and stockings!

It's really time to move on... And yes, men should also get the right to wear skirts, too. I'd love to see a male flight attendant in a skirt.

kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Sitting at a desk hardly stretches the bounds of comfort of a shirt and tie. Serving food in cramped conditions, cleaning up vomit in toilets or helping get bags in overhead compartments does.

Perhaps some people do look at the polyester uniforms with unnecessary scarfs and facinatoresque hats and think 'wow that makes the company look great' while I just see inefficient, uncomfortable and dated uniforms that increase ticket prices.
    I mean shirt and tie are not the most comfortable of dress, so why do companies force workers to wear them? same reason the airlines do i guess, to portray a certain image. Most office workers/flight attendants can do the same job in shorts and t shirt i would assume.

And i don't think the skirt is even the worse thing a flight attendant has to wear. its the heels, especially when they have to stand for so long and encounter possible turbulence.