Like Tree19Likes

Should HK flight attendants be allowed to wear trousers?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Should HK flight attendants be allowed to wear trousers?

Time to change air hostesses’ old-fashioned image, says Cathay Pacific union, backing end to ‘skirt-only’ rule in Hong Kong | South China Morning Post
    If female flight attendants want to wear trousers, let them already | South China Morning Post
    The stereotype of the flight attendant is very old-style already: looking pretty, full make-up and wearing a skirt. It is a good time to have a revamp of our image,” Vera Wu Yee-mei, chairwoman of the Cathay Pacific Flight Attendants Union, said.
    All four of Hong Kong’s airlines require female cabin crew to wear skirts.

It's 2018 ffs, what is wrong with these people / businesses. Uniforms should not be used to reinforce outdated & made-up-by-men gender rules.

Yes.

You would hope this is not a real question. Does anyone think the answer should be no?

Of course not

It's bad enough flying these days

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    It's 2018 ffs, what is wrong with these people / businesses. Uniforms should not be used to reinforce outdated & made-up-by-men gender rules.
    Not just businesses. I'm not sure why they are still forcing girls to wear skirts to school, especially in the cold winter.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:edu.hk proper school uniform skirt

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Does anyone think the answer should be no?
    Probably Catholics?
    Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You would hope this is not a real question. Does anyone think the answer should be no?
    It should be optional IMO

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    Not just businesses. I'm not sure why they are still forcing girls to wear skirts to school, especially in the cold winter.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:edu.hk proper school uniform skirt

Probably Catholics?
    This might be true but then I see girls wearing skirts shorter than school skirts when it's cold outside of school so there's that

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    Agreed. My daughter hasn't voluntarily worn a skirt or dress since she was 8 and she hates putting on a skort every day and no choice to wear trousers in winter. Ridiculously outdated.

There is only one question which should really matter here, since it applies to the primary responsibility of cabin crew: Is there a safety implication?

You've got to let the guys wear a skirt in that case!

East_coast likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast