Like Tree53Likes

Typhoon Mangkhut - Aftermath and recovery: What's the situation?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Govt says more time needed to clear certain roads

around my office, they just moved the tree branches blocking the main roads on to the concrete planters, so not really cleaned up yet. And the pedestrian area not touched yet.

Govt says more time needed to clear certain roads - RTHK

So the body they found in Sai Kung was a foreigner it seems.

Foreign man found dead off Sai Kung after typhoon | Asia Times

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert
    time is needed, tree fell on pedestrians in Kwai Chung this morning

Falling tree injures passers-by in Kwai Chung - RTHK
    Indeed, Tai Po is a mess in most treed areas, so many massive trees down and many more huge branches and leaning trees that have not yet fallen. People need to be cautious passing near them and avoid if there is any wind.

My neighbour and I cleared a small 200m section on the main road, and the crews were there this morning getting at the heavier stuff. The 75K is back service to TMT and the bus terminal passable now.
    JAherbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal
    Indeed, Tai Po is a mess in most treed areas, so many massive trees down and many more huge branches and leaning trees that have not yet fallen. People need to be cautious passing near them and avoid if there is any wind.

My neighbour and I cleared a small 200m section on the main road, and the crews were there this morning getting at the heavier stuff. The 75K is back service to TMT and the bus terminal passable now.
    and buses are getting damage from hitting branches. The roads might be 'clear' but most of the branches were just dumped onto the footpath, today, my taxi swerved to avoid a pedestrian who stepped out into the road to get around the debris.

Yes, still lots to do. Our garbage depot hasn't been cleared since Saturday and everyone seems to think a big pile of rubbish needs more rubbish and are throwing away stuff that can wait like chairs and microwaves...

JAherbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal
    Yes, still lots to do. Our garbage depot hasn't been cleared since Saturday and everyone seems to think a big pile of rubbish needs more rubbish and are throwing away stuff that can wait like chairs and microwaves...
    yes ! I saw that today, just off Hiram's Highway, the buggers are taking advantage, dumping everything fridges microwaves lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor
    So the body they found in Sai Kung was a foreigner it seems.

Foreign man found dead off Sai Kung after typhoon | Asia Times
    there is an appeal to help identify the man

Mat

Ran on Wilson trail today (3/4 sections), lots of trees down and have to be careful but afcd already did an amazing job!

chingleutsch likes this.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-leaking-waste
    At Sai Kung Sewage Treatment Works, officials found that some of the pipes and treatment facilities were so seriously damaged that the plant could only now maintain its primary sewage treatment service, which sees solid waste removed by filtering and removal of grit and a sedimentation process.
    Elsewhere on Hong Kong Island, three sections of pipe in Southern District, including a 450mm (18 inch) diameter pipe near Mills and Chung Path, a 150mm (6 inch) diameter pipe near Deep Water Bay barbecue area, and a 300mm (12 inch) diameter pipe near Shek O, were damaged during the typhoon.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast