Like Tree53Likes

Typhoon Mangkhut - Aftermath and recovery: What's the situation?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Question Typhoon Mangkhut - Aftermath and recovery: What's the situation?

38% of bus services restored, expect the MTR will be under pressure on Tuesday

Govt says road, rail networks are recovering - RTHK

Question Mangkhut - Aftermath and recovery: What's the situatuon?

So it seems that the city is still struggling to get back on it's feet. Last night Tai Mei Tuk bus terminal was still a mess and trees still down blocking one westbound lane of Ting Kok Rd. I've been told there are dozens more all over the road throughout the commute to Taipo.

Few minibuses were running (huge que) and no doubledeckers. I've been informed still none today.

Villagers had been working nonstop all day clearing debris and those with restos here clearing the street and bike paths of fallen trees. My clean up was pretty easy so I offered to help my neighbour but he said he was all good, our neighbour in back on the other hand was hacking away at a large tree for over an hour with an electric (maybe 4A) chain saw.

So I put on gloves and gave him a hand hauling logs and branches. Right away something was wrong, I was covered in red ants! And they were angry about losing their home! This poor bastard was sawing away this whole time covered in ants, he must have had hundreds of bites. I continued to help and swat ants until the chain broke which I was thankful for. This guy is pretty old and definitely needed a rest and some ointment.

So what's it like in your area?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...y-it-struggles

shri and SpeakCantonese like this.

Praise where it is due

1) I dont care if it is their job or not. A remarkable clean up in Sai Kung and surrounds
    2) Free coach to Hang Hau laid on by home affairs this morning - I think 3 or 4 of them are running

Seems like the focus is on getting the main roads cleared for public transportation.

One of our streets which is in an industrial warehouse area is still not cleared, but the main roads are.

Name:  IMG-20180918-WA0000.jpeg
Views: 720
Size:  1.27 MB

imparanoic likes this.

24 hours and everything will be back to normal?

gunsnroses likes this.

I still haven't seen any news out of Tai O... anything?

I'm wondering what its like getting downtown? I have to go to Mong Kok and Tsuen Wan this week but will hold off till things settle down.

Here is our area:

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese
    I still haven't seen any news out of Tai O... anything?
    I don't see anything in English, maybe in Chinese?
    imparanoic likes this.

Tuen Mun looks the same as yesterday; a mess. I've just heard that my kids school will stay shut tomorrow.

I'm not sure if they're public or private employees but the folks constructing the Lung Mei beach were at work yesterday and they have tons of heavy equipment. There were also guys trimming the grass around our village stream, really seems like misplaced manpower in a time of need.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast