Like Tree50Likes

HK$ 100 for 1KM Cab Ride - Driver Arrested

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tesla's are Uber Black. I think the normal Uber is called Uber X and it's all crappy cars.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Tesla's are Uber Black. I think the normal Uber is called Uber X and it's all crappy cars.
    But the Black guys can choose to accept an Uber X ride if they want. which is what they have done numerous times with me.
    TheBrit likes this.

I've been overcharged for luggage, tolls, going on loop the loop routes... but i've also had a cabbie not charge me a cent when i forgot my wallet one time.. he said something along the line of “its ok, why dont u tip the next driver"... so lets just avoid generalizations

i've been overcharged by taxis a few times, this and they take the wrong way on purpose. It tends to happen in the same areas like LKF | Wanchai at night. Also the ones on Canton road on TST are purely there to scam people, seen many disputes with customers while I walked by.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    You clearly don't take them often from the airport. I would say more than 50% try to overcharge on luggage fees at minimum from the airport. Some also do odd things with the toll charges.
    I've taken taxis a number of times both to and form the airport. I prefer the bus though.

When going to the airport, I always book through one of the special agents and pay 250 from the island to the airport.

Took a taxi from the airport a few months ago and nothing unusual was added to the bill.

Thinking though, I have had drivers take unusual routes before. You just need to be firm though.

Quote Originally Posted by TeachHK:
    When going to the airport, I always book through one of the special agents and pay 250 from the island to the airport.
    Can you share the special agents on here?