Like Tree60Likes

HK Police: Throw a hissy fit .. and walk out of QE hospital

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...3-20190627.htm
    shri and Gatts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    If I am not mistaken, locals call TVB "CCTVB" for its alleged pro-establishment stance and censorship in not reporting certain "sensitive" news (after CCTV, the mainland tv network, although it's been rebranded as CCGN I think). So the poor treatment of TVB may stem from that. Not saying it's ok to abuse TVB journalists just because they happen to be politically on the opposite side. But there is a reason for the rude treatment of TVB, if it is seen merely as a mouthpiece of the government.
    It's CGTN overseas now but still CCTV in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Still, not the right way of handling things. It's not like TVB journalists have acted like violent bullies at protests, just the way their higher ups frame and edit their footage is problematic.
    Yes, I didn't say it was right, I just pointed to the cause of the tension.

The thing with protests is that it is not a simple "on/off" switch, where people can turn on and off their conduct and emotions at will like pressing a button. These protests can get messy and ugly. It is to the credit of most HK protesters that most actually were well-behaved, but given the sheer scale or frequency of these protests since Lam first pushed for the bill, there will no doubt be people who "step out of line".
    Last edited by Coolboy; 27-06-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    JAherbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    But it's worth bearing in mind that malice and stupidity are not exclusive options.
    Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    honestly this RTHK title is misleading. The article contains content that confirms that he acted weird/strange but frankly there is no content to suggest that the lawmaker said it was not provocative. so saying it was not a provocative act without providing any evidence is misleading to me

"I think it is quite weird. At that time, I think it was about 11pm or around midnight time and he claimed that he was coming for work," he said.

"I found that excuse extremely unbelievable, I have to say," said Tam.

"I also told him that there was fire escape door next to where he was cornered. And he refused to ask his colleagues to open that door. Instead he went all the way to the other side to open up a major gate. Why would you want to do that unless you want to grab more attention? That was absolutely unnecessary," Tam said.

The lawmaker clarified that he didn't see the officer trying to incite the crowd into violence.
    Gatts and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    OK Mr know it all and protector of protesters, show us what ya got instead of some random posting saying there was some random eye witness that saw this and heard that bull shit lol

give me a break, right now its anti police this and anti police that, feck me I m not a fan of the police either for some of the things they did during the big protest but to keep coming up with so many BS stuff is mind blowing.

Keep Gatts lol

https://twitter.com/HongKongHermit/status/1144240818762346497

https://www.facebook.com/71548613522...07&v=e&sfns=mo

The children are still having their tantrum:
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...8-20190628.htm

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5