Like Tree1201Likes

07/19 - July Protests & Related News

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Honestly I dont think the proof matters at all. Just its name alone 'Bank of China' would make it a target for protesters. Also I don't think any of us here really think it will make much of a difference. I don't have insight into BOCHK's balance sheet but I bet that its consumer deposits is a small potato in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    Has anyone seen proof (not necessarily doubting, just asking) to support the claim BOC were actively/publicly supporting the extradition bill?
    Not sure if this is the one...

Perhaps someone who can read it, can translate?

https://twitter.com/HKBigLychee/stat...88097051160578

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    Has anyone seen proof (not necessarily doubting, just asking) to support the claim BOC were actively/publicly supporting the extradition bill?
    I can't seem to find the photo now but there is a photo showing people marching down Queensway onto Des Voeux Road Central on July 1st past the old BOC tower with their screen showing some pro-extradition law message.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001
    So what is happening in Shatin (I live there)?

https://twitter.com/KongTsungGan/sta...11713117462528

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    Can someone copy/paste it here? I can't get twitter at work.

Has BocHK ever deny service to Supporters or Non-Supporters of the extradition bill?
    will they freeze your account because you are a non-supporter of the bill?
    i believe it is not wise to "attack" a business or a person based on their political view/choice if there is no evidence that the business/person has bias on their service towards people from the other side of their political view/choice.
    just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by si0001
    Can someone copy/paste it here? I can't get twitter at work.
    "First poster is out for this Sundays protest. July 14, 3:30pm, Shatin #HK. Exact time & route subject to pending police notice of no objection. http://t.me/ShatinCommons"

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Not sure if this is the one...

Perhaps someone who can read it, can translate?

https://twitter.com/HKBigLychee/stat...88097051160578
    oh... hadn't seen that

Quote Originally Posted by Andy SNK
    Has BocHK ever deny service to Supporters or Non-Supporters of the extradition bill?
    will they freeze your account because you are a non-supporter of the bill?
    i believe it is not wise to "attack" a business or a person based on their political view/choice if there is no evidence that the business/person has bias on their service towards people from the other side of their political view/choice.
    just my 2 cents
    How melodramatic you are... nobody is talking about "attacking" BoC. All they are proposing is to withdraw their own money using the channels the bank makes available for them to do so. Even if BoC didn't express support for the fugitive bill, the powerful symbolism of this is enough to make it a good idea IMHO.
    Andy SNK and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    How melodramatic you are... nobody is talking about "attacking" BoC. All they are proposing is to withdraw their own money using the channels the bank makes available for them to do so. Even if BoC didn't express support for the fugitive bill, the powerful symbolism of this is enough to make it a good idea IMHO.
    what would be the purpose for many people to withdraw their money at the same time from one bank?
    may be i'm too naive, but i believe it might shake the bank liquidity as they need to provide enough cash for the customers to withdraw their money at the same time. and this is not an attack?
    what happen if the bank could not provide? news spread and the bank share price might be affected. this is not an attack?
    IMHO
    disclaimer: i do not own any share of the bank

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast