Like Tree1201Likes

07/19 - July Protests & Related News

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Not questioning your other points, but you can rest assured that this 'bank run' will not have much, if any, impact on BOCHK.

Quote Originally Posted by aceofangel
    Not questioning your other points, but you can rest assured that this 'bank run' will not have much, if any, impact on BOCHK.
    It depends what their message is. Perhaps they are trying to get people to switch away from a bank to one that is less vocal in its support of authoritarianism.

But it really is a token measure to highlight the businesses that supported a bad law.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy SNK
    what would be the purpose for many people to withdraw their money at the same time from one bank?
    may be i'm too naive, but i believe it might shake the bank liquidity as they need to provide enough cash for the customers to withdraw their money at the same time. and this is not an attack?
    what happen if the bank could not provide? news spread and the bank share price might be affected. this is not an attack?
    IMHO
    disclaimer: i do not own any share of the bank
    It is just a symbolic act that will generate headlines. A bunch of students won't have enough deposits to do anything other than make a few ATMs run out of cash a bit earlier than usual.

I actually like their approach of trying to hurt the government with its own tools...

- Government implements co-location agreement and city is flooded by mainland tourists: Go there and try to catch the government where it hurts the most, giving a second opinion to the propaganda

- Government instructs companies not to advertise at Apple Daily or other critical news outlets: Urge people to withdraw money from institutions which back authoritarian policies openly.

Gatts and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    It depends what their message is. Perhaps they are trying to get people to switch away from a bank to one that is less vocal in its support of authoritarianism.

But it really is a token measure to highlight the businesses that supported a bad law.
    Between my terrible reading skills and the quality of that picture I can't see what that ad actually said so I'll reserve my judgement on that.

Anyway I don't think businesses should be involved with politics in general. Employees, executives etc can do so in their personal capacity.

Anyway I don't think businesses should be involved with politics in general.

There is another one that was quoted earlier that I can't quite make out. This one is clear enough though.

Yeah I don't agree with that they did.

thats the CCB building.. not the BOC building...

https://www.google.com/maps/@22.2817...6!9m2!1b1!2i50

Last edited by freeier; 08-07-2019 at 06:40 PM. Reason: inserting location

Yeah I don't agree with that they did.
    Obviously the BOC HK thinks it is fine to make public its views on politics so surely it should be fine to protest against the bank about it's political views.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    thats the CCB building.. not the BOC building...

https://www.google.com/maps/@22.2817...6!9m2!1b1!2i50

LOL good point! I didnt notice it is the one in front. CCB does not sound as sexy as BOC anyways

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast