Like Tree1201Likes

07/19 - July Protests & Related News

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 153 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Quote Original Post:
    I may be in a minority, but I think it's OK for the police to take down posts exposing their personal details. No need for it and they are ultimately doing their jobs. Expose police violence, ineptitude, unfair treatment and the like.. But not officers addresses and families.
    Not sure if their addresses etc. were displayed in Taipo, but either way I agree there is a case to be made that that stuff should be take down.

But, 100 cops in riot gear ? I doubt you would need more than 2 guys in Tuen Mun to take care of the aunties, so shouldnt be too hard to detach a few guys from this contingent and send them over to Tuen Mun for the day shift

BTW, do the cops take instances for pro-dem peoples personel information being displayed online or IRL as seriously as this, or are cops special?

Quote Original Post:
    But, 100 cops in riot gear ?
    not 100, there is an online video, it shows about 10 or more.

Quote Original Post:
    not 100, there is an online video, it shows about 10 or more.
    Did we see the same video? Not sure if its a hundred but for sure more than 10(or even 20 for that matter)

Definitely closer to 100 than 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWCV...ature=youtu.be

Ill take back the 100(I saw it in a headline), but seems to me on a quick count to be around 50 cops or so.

Quote Original Post:
    I may be in a minority, but I think it's OK for the police to take down posts exposing their personal details. No need for it and they are ultimately doing their jobs. Expose police violence, ineptitude, unfair treatment and the like.. But not officers addresses and families.
    I agree it sucks and we are in an unfortunate cycle

clear video evidence that there are incidents where the police do not display their ID and also reports of police accessing hospital patient data (regardless if it was the police who went and got it or they received it - they should not accept it)

so the protestors are escalating. have we had media reports yet though of bad outcomes from this Doxing?

Quite a good video of the "Lennon Wall" in Tsuen Wan.

https://twitter.com/jeffielam/status...94389587619840

Gatts likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    heard they are going to do one in TKO as well, not sure where.. post them if you see the notice pls.. so we know where to avoid.
    Was going to be one on 21 of July at TVB HQ, organisers cancelled it because they thought a boycott would be more effective. Regular rally still scheduled around TKO area the following Sunday.

Quote Original Post:
    House keeping note - I'm merging some of the July threads into one.

Please keep all protest and related news here.

Govt policy / announcements should probably be in another thread or two?
    How about creating a subcategory in the forum for all the extradition saga, just like how there is one for Occupy?

Quote Original Post:
    How about creating a subcategory in the forum for all the extradition saga, just like how there is one for Occupy?
    When we go into "archive this" mode.
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    I don't think a minority. Any posters showing personal details should be taken down. It is not the action of removing dodgy posters it is the resources used to do it and the selective nature.

The speed at which they found the ones to take down would suggest to a cynic that they had already sent a couple of officers to identify the incriminating posters and rather than them take them down quietly and issue a press notice saying they had taken them down and advising people not put such details in the public domain they arranged for 100 riot control offices to turn up with the press coming along in a show of force. Part of Carrie's new caring approach.
    Gatts and Mefisto like this.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 153 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast