Like Tree161Likes

2019 District Council Elections

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    In what way? Mine has always been a very pedestrian-unfriendly place.
    The district council elections will probably be cancelled as people can't access their local school to vote because of the meyhem 12 hours before in a completely different part of the city. Hopefully I am wrong as it is not a plausible excuse

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 154
Size:  1.52 MB

Edit: I don't believe the SMCCP. I don't believe Carrie Lam. I also don't believe Bernard Chan, except when he says people don't trust the government.

I really hope I'm wrong though. A strong statement from the voters would be great.

Which of course makes you think of what Stalin said: it's not about who's voting, it's about who's counting the votes.
    Coolboy and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CharSiuNow:
    Which of course makes you think of what Stalin said: it's not about who's voting, it's about who's counting the votes.
    That’s one of my fears. DC elections are very tight. Add 7-8 votes to candidate A so he wins while no one notices the smidge difference...
    CharSiuNow and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    That’s one of my fears. DC elections are very tight. Add 7-8 votes to candidate A so he wins while no one notices the smidge difference...
    Once upon a time, electoral vote-rigging wasn't even considered an issue in local HK elections, whether for legco seats or district council seats. The fact that now people are talking about it more and more shows how regressive our political system has become. Of course, while no election system is perfect or free of flaws (i.e. corruption, vote buying etc), the general goal for most countries with a democratic or open electoral system has been to continously improve it and make it better represent people over time. Not the case with HK, it's getting worse and worse.

It's very difficult to know who to vote for : a vote for the protester may be construed as condoning vandalism : a vote for pro China as a vote for Carrie Lam ' Theresa Cheng et al . Perhaps just vote along who is best for the district? : or which candidate is hotter ? A geo poll might be fun

traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    It's very difficult to know who to vote for : a vote for the protester may be construed as condoning vandalism
    No, a vote for pro-democracay is a vote for more democracy.

a vote for pro China as a vote for Carrie Lam ' Theresa Cheng et al .
    No, a vote for pro-China is a vote for more China in your life and Big Pooh looming over your shoulder.

Perhaps just vote along who is best for the district?
    Hey, a novel concept

Why not just vote for the policy, and preferably the person who has shown not just words (which are cheap) but actual positive action that you can support?

Last edited by shri; 23-11-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Last edited by shri; 23-11-2019 at 09:36 AM.

It's very difficult to know who to vote for : a vote for the protester may be construed as condoning vandalism : a vote for pro China as a vote for Carrie Lam ' Theresa Cheng et al . Perhaps just vote along who is best for the district? : or which candidate is hotter ? A geo poll might be fun
    I have not seen any candidates support violence by protesters. Many have said they understand why it happens

I have seen many candidates support violence by the police.