Like Tree160Likes

2019 District Council Elections

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

If Joshua gets rejected I'll reckon it will cost the Government at least 2 Empty R stations and twelve DAB and Regina Ip District offices.

The returning officer went on sick leave could mean that it has already decided rejecting Joshua. She might be afraid of getting attack after making the announcement.

And the murmurs and pre-emptive leaks and nudges started as expected, So far i am betting one beer on election getting postponed..

Poll delay looms if violence arises as Wong hopes hang in the air | The Standard

Quote Original Post:
    The lady in charge of Project Joshua Wong was indicated to be of liberal leaning and may simply wish to not to be involved in the political vetting charade. If that is indeed the case I can only feel sorry for her.

If it was up to me, none of these political commissars would be "given a f'ing chance" because the whole concept is a travesty.

However, who vets (or appoints) the vetters? Considering their power over the electoral process why wouldn't their background be of general interest?

edit: If your issue was with the general comment "it may not be an altogether fun gig though unless one is a sociopath or a marxist zealot"; how would you express that more clearly?
    nivantj and AsianXpat0 like this.

Three rounds of questioning show that there really isn't a legitimate basis to bar Wong from running.

Its like questioning a criminal suspect, they could have already made up their mind, they are just trying to dig out any fault in Joshua's words.

shri and MatthieuTofu like this.

Perfect!! Another example of local/central admin's zero political skill, making him bigger threat by not allowing to contest than simply letting him be part of the system, anyway DCs have not much power..

Govt press release:

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast