Like Tree1187Likes

08/19 - August Protests & Related News

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046
    can someone please enlighten me with the details of the transportation gridlock tomorrow 30 July, please?

thanks..
    Is this to do with the MTR drivers threatening to strike? I have only seen this news on a couple of websites, so not sure if it is true or not? And it appears to be dependent on MTR management meeting their demands, so may not happen if they do.

Better work from home tomorrow as we donno if MTR protest is happening!

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046
    oh no.. this is getting outa control..

When they say it starts around 2:30 next Saturday, do they really follow that? We are traveling in the morning to Kowloon West high speed rail in the morning with kids. Don't want to get caught up in it.

Start disrupting the lives of everyday people trying to earn a $ - yea smart move thatll get public support.

mokhi6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler
    When they say it starts around 2:30 next Saturday, do they really follow that? We are traveling in the morning to Kowloon West high speed rail in the morning with kids. Don't want to get caught up in it.
    Well its still 5 days till Saturday, so many things can change. Also, I don't see yet how a Mong Kok march would necessarily disrupt WK Station.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland
    Start disrupting the lives of everyday people trying to earn a $ - yea smart move thatll get public support.

I'm sure your ideas will be well received.

Well the MTR strike was announced by its own drivers. So there is obviously a support for such actions inside the working class.

And: If all protests in the past would have stopped at where it starts to hurt people/people's wallet, we would still have monarchies in all countries. If all people would think like you, there would be no human rights, slavery still be there etc... If the government doesn't listen, it is natural for people to go after the economy. Happens everywhere, google Montgomery bus boycott.

It's also YOUR human rights, so it would be nice if you respect the people who fight for YOUR human rights.
    Last edited by mucaari; 29-07-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari
    Well the MTR strike was announced by its own drivers. So there is obviously a support for such actions inside the working class.

And: If all protests in the past would have stopped at where it starts to hurt people/people's wallet, we would still have monarchies in all countries. If all people would think like you, there would be no human rights, slavery still be there etc... If the government doesn't listen, it is natural for people to go after the economy. Happens everywhere, google Montgomery bus boycott.

It's also YOUR human rights, so it would be nice if you respect the people who fight for YOUR human rights.
    I am working class and very proud of my roots too so dont try to patronise me with your last paragraph thank you. I respect the protest and the rights of the drivers to strike, not got a problem with that.

I just fundamentally disagree with the methods the protestors are proposing to employ in terms of their side of the transport disruption.

Today was a warning shot over the bows and the answer to that is more lawlessness. Quite frankly I will have zero sympathy for anyone arrested while operating a tactic contrary to public highway, MTR by law or other connected legislation.
    tf19 likes this.

I am working class and very proud of my roots too so dont try to patronise me with your last paragraph thank you. I respect the protest and the rights of the drivers to strike, not got a problem with that.

I just fundamentally disagree with the methods the protestors are proposing to employ in terms of their side of the transport disruption.

Today was a warning shot over the bows and the answer to that is more lawlessness. Quite frankly I will have zero sympathy for anyone arrested while operating a tactic contrary to public highway, MTR by law or other connected legislation.
    Do you realise how much of a pompous arse you sound?

As the previous poster said almost none of the campaigns in the past would have succeeded without social disruption. Can you name one?
    Coolboy, Gatts, Jackie1 and 2 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast