Like Tree455Likes

13/08/19 - Airport Protests / Flight Disruptions

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    31,975
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Causing outright disruption that hits the pocketbooks badly, can badly backfire.
    They're even pissing of reporters...

    https://twitter.com/mgerrydoyle/stat...88002254614528
    HowardCoombs likes this.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    4,676

    Bunch of IDIOTS blocking travellers leaving letting people know of whats happening in HK when they arrive is all good and well but blocking people from leaving HK WTF. What does that achieve, sweet fuck all. All they are doing is pissing off Tourists who want to go home, Local HK ppl that are going on holiday, Business travellers etc. Sorry for Inconvenience is going to pay for extra night hotel in HK, missed connecting flight to home, missed business oppurtunties etc.

    Fucking tear gas them all out, then lock down the airport like they do in India / Bangladesh /Pakistan etc, No flight ticket or flight booking, not allowed inside the airport, not even to pick up arriving passengers. Heavy police presence at all entrance and exit doors.


  3. #33

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    31,975
    Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    It also imposes a high cost and a lot of stress and inconvenience on a lot of people - they may be drawing more international attention to their cause but they are pissing off an awful lot of people who might otherwise have supported them in the process.
    Yes, even the pissed of people have started protesting against the protestors.

    https://twitter.com/WeiDuCNA/status/1161192208415916033

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Bunch of IDIOTS blocking travellers leaving letting people know of whats happening in HK when they arrive is all good and well but blocking people from leaving HK WTF. What does that achieve, sweet fuck all. All they are doing is pissing off Tourists who want to go home, Local HK ppl that are going on holiday, Business travellers etc. Sorry for Inconvenience is going to pay for extra night hotel in HK, missed connecting flight to home, missed business oppurtunties etc.

    Fucking tear gas them all out, then lock down the airport like they do in India / Bangladesh /Pakistan etc, No flight ticket or flight booking, not allowed inside the airport, not even to pick up arriving passengers. Heavy police presence at all entrance and exit doors.
    actually if cathay goes down the drain because of this it would be a clear signal to the tycoons that it can impact any of them next

    how about a concerted effort to disrupt the supply chain of wellcome? etc
    Mrs. Jones and Elegiaque like this.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,133
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Bunch of IDIOTS blocking travellers leaving letting people know of whats happening in HK when they arrive is all good and well but blocking people from leaving HK WTF.

    Fucking tear gas them all out.
    A revolution is not a dinner party-Chairman Mao.

    The travelers are...inconvenient casualties of the struggle between the government and it's people. The ultimate culprit of causing this disruption is the government and Lam for not offering an inch to the protesters.

    Btw, you do realize the consequences of unleashing tear gas in an enclosed space like the airport?

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    31,975
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    actually if cathay goes down the drain because of this it would be a clear signal to the tycoons that it can impact any of them next

    how about a concerted effort to disrupt the supply chain of wellcome? etc
    Speaking of Cathay.. ICBCI report.... class act for a research report.

    MatthieuTofu likes this.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Hong-Kong
    Posts
    6,265

    @shri it seems Cathay will be punished in every possible way !


  8. #38

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    31,975
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkob:
    @shri it seems Cathay will be punished in every possible way !
    And again, in a thousand hells.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Bunch of IDIOTS blocking travellers leaving letting people know of whats happening in HK when they arrive is all good and well but blocking people from leaving HK WTF. What does that achieve, sweet fuck all. All they are doing is pissing off Tourists who want to go home, Local HK ppl that are going on holiday, Business travellers etc. Sorry for Inconvenience is going to pay for extra night hotel in HK, missed connecting flight to home, missed business oppurtunties etc.

    Fucking tear gas them all out, then lock down the airport like they do in India / Bangladesh /Pakistan etc, No flight ticket or flight booking, not allowed inside the airport, not even to pick up arriving passengers. Heavy police presence at all entrance and exit doors.
    Tear gas in an enclosed space is a really bad idea, but:

    1. if force is needed to allow normal operations to continue and protect travellers then it should be done

    2. those disrupting travel should be arrested and charged under the relevant criminal provisions

    3. the instigators should be subject to civil action to compensate those who suffer loss as a result of their actions.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    .

    The travelers are...inconvenient casualties of the struggle between the government and it's people. The ultimate culprit of causing this disruption is the government and Lam for not offering an inch to the protesters.
    Passengers are the deliberate targets of the protestors' actions.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast