Like Tree455Likes

13/08/19 - Airport Protests / Flight Disruptions

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Flights departing have been cancelled for the second day in a row.

I expect many budget airlines that are in midair to turn around, like they did last night, as they cannot afford to have aircraft stuck in HK.
    Can't see any announcement on the airport website, no updates about anything...I guess people just check with the airline, not go to the airport website...

The famous cry: "give me liberty or give me death, as long as there isn't too much inconvenience".

And I admit I am not in Hong Kong so not inconvenienced at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Can't see any announcement on the airport website, no updates about anything...I guess people just check with the airline, not go to the airport website...
    Ironically passengers were saying yesterday that the airlines kept giving them false information that their flights were still running and it was only the airport website that showed that their flight was cancelled. What didn’t help matters was that almost all staff at Cathay City left early meaning no one could answer phone/email/twitter inquiries.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

im actually at the airport now. business as usual

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The famous cry: "give me liberty or give me death, as long as there isn't too much inconvenience".

And I admit I am not in Hong Kong so not inconvenienced at all.
    Perhaps if you let the protestors know when you're returning they can help you with that?

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Perhaps if you let the protestors know when you're returning they can help you with that?
    The simple answer to that is not in this lifetime.

The way the police brutality is stepping up I can see a Braveheart ending of "Freedom" as he is bowelled

I do pity the travelers, rescheduling flights is hideous even without a crisis...

There should be more reps on the ground at the check-in area to help travelers re-book and maybe even someone to help them arrange a hotel.

I was on a plane to Narita and we all missed connecting flights due to weather and they had at least 20 people meet the plane, sort out the new flights, then arranged buses to take most of the plane to a hotel, really great service (ANA).

These people at the airport are SOL...hopefully more people just gave up and never went to the airport in the first place once it started looking bad.

But the airport should have said leave PLENTY of extra time, come 3 hours early for your flight, etc.

traineeinvestor likes this.

These idiotic protestors will ensure China takes over Hong Kong in 2019 than actual merger in 2047. What a Fall !

traineeinvestor likes this.

think they should stop the airport protest.. 2 in a row will just piss people off...

i mean do it once a week? but at least give people the chance to get out.

traineeinvestor and MerMer like this.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast