Like Tree448Likes

17-23 August - Protest News & Discussion

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    It's not strange, police is closed today until further notice
    they should have done that for the last two months.
    rs4, MatthieuTofu and Mefisto like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    I’m sure the police will have an estimate of 10.000 maybe 30.0000 people only.
    That many, you sure?
    Sith and MatthieuTofu like this.

We spent an hour or so in Victoria park, unable to see a thing, in torrential rain. Then we left out of the back of the park and tried to figure out what was actually "going on". No canto and no access to any internet. So we just followed people. There were people waking on Gloucester road, down Lockhart road and finally we found the march on Henessey road. I can't tell how many, I was on the 1.3 and the 2 million marches, my gut says closer to the former but it's hard to say because so many people were still heading to the start along the whole way we walked! As noted above, I did not see a single cop. Not one. People were telling to let cars through when necessary, marchers looking out for each other. Parents with kids. Old people and a lot of young people. No apparent organisation, it was a bit like Brownian motion at times. We left into Pacific place for a bit of shopping and it was full of black clad folks sitting around. As we were leaving a bunch of men chase another couple of men (all in black,) shouting. Didn't seem friendly. No idea what it was about.

We tried to leave by admiralty but the MTR was chocca. In the end went to Hong Kong station to get on the orange line. Also very busy. Lots of black clad people going home.

shri, Mrs. Jones, Coolboy and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    That many, you sure?
    How would they know? They were not there.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    We spent an hour or so in Victoria park, unable to see a thing, in torrential rain. Then we left out of the back of the park and tried to figure out what was actually "going on". No canto and no access to any internet. So we just followed people. There were people waking on Gloucester road, down Lockhart road and finally we found the march on Henessey road. I can't tell how many, I was on the 1.3 and the 2 million marches, my gut says closer to the former but it's hard to say because so many people were still heading to the start along the whole way we walked! As noted above, I did not see a single cop. Not one. People were telling to let cars through when necessary, marchers looking out for each other. Parents with kids. Old people and a lot of young people. No apparent organisation, it was a bit like Brownian motion at times. We left into Pacific place for a bit of shopping and it was full of black clad folks sitting around. As we were leaving a bunch of men chase another couple of men (all in black,) shouting. Didn't seem friendly. No idea what it was about.

We tried to leave by admiralty but the MTR was chocca. In the end went to Hong Kong station to get on the orange line. Also very busy. Lots of black clad people going home.
    The march was technically the illegal part =D

A lot of people, I think the police will make an announcement, figures: 526 people. Carrie Lam's figure: 12 people

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    It's not strange, police is closed today until further notice
    Oh, like the government then 😏
    rs4 and MatthieuTofu like this.

Either there is some shady plan in place from China or HK govt, or who knows what - taking a rest day. I didn't see any police today whatsoever and walked by a police station.

So, moral high ground reclaimed.

Airport still in chaos.

Govt decision making reduced to giving out some handouts.

PLA crying wolf.

Cathay Pacific grounded and Western businesses taught a lesson.

HSBC boss fired and Western banks taught a lesson.

Chinese communities globally divided.

May we live in interesting times....

Last edited by shri; 18-08-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    MandM!, BCD, Baklava and 5 others like this.

Protestors handouts seem more meaningful...

https://twitter.com/limlouisa/status...976128001?s=09

MandM!, rs4, jrkob and 3 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast