Like Tree448Likes

17-23 August - Protest News & Discussion

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast
    rs4

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    https://twitter.com/frances_sit/stat...015627778?s=21

I wonder what the rules are for these massive private housing estates that everyone can still drive through (Whampoa, Mei Foo, Tai Koo Shing). Can police enter? Use the roads?
    Police got unlimited blank checks from the govt. Can do whatever they want as long as it pleases the “CE”

https://twitter.com/frances_sit/stat...015627778?s=21

I wonder what the rules are for these massive private housing estates that everyone can still drive through (Whampoa, Mei Foo, Tai Koo Shing). Can police enter? Use the roads?
    As I said before, I think this time is different, CE (guided by EXCO members) and Police have managed the unthinkable (in my view) they have managed to galvanize hong kong people, in a range of different districts, to support a common cause.

I wonder if DAB is trying very hard to ensure that only DAB candidates are "permitted" to stand for the next batch of elections? will the returning officers be given mind-reading skills? If you can control or manipulate the candidates, you control the result.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    As I said before, I think this time is different, CE (guided by EXCO members) and Police have managed the unthinkable (in my view) they have managed to galvanize hong kong people, in a range of different districts, to support a common cause.

I wonder if DAB is trying very hard to ensure that only DAB candidates are "permitted" to stand for the next batch of elections? will the returning officers be given mind-reading skills? If you can control or manipulate the candidates, you control the result.
    Carrie Lam is the chosen one. She will bring balance to the force.

Deng Xiaoping had foreseen it.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    Carrie Lam is the chosen one. She will bring balance to the force.

Deng Xiaoping had foreseen it.

If it's open to the general public without specific restrictions then it's a public space as far as the police ordinance is concerned. Would be different for roads only residents can enter either via Octopus or parking label. Practically I don't think the government wants footage of the police beating some security guard or management staff for refusing them entry.
    shri and MatthieuTofu like this.

I don't think the government wants [ of the police beating some security guard or management staff for refusing them entry.
    Give it time...
    mrgoodkat and MatthieuTofu like this.

On the other side... Riot police moving in.

https://twitter.com/austinramzy/stat...848711682?s=09

Sigh...looks like another "typical" ending to weekend protests.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast