Like Tree132Likes

East Rail train derailed

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Read the article before adding fuel to the fire, please. It hit a bus first. It's even in the title.
    What?

The tram with no passengers on board was heading east along Yee Wo Street when a Citybus double-decker running in the same direction hit it shortly before 3pm while making a turn into Tung Lo Wan Road. The tram was pushed out of its track by the impact
    Reads to me like the bus hit it, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Read the article before adding fuel to the fire, please. It hit a bus first. It's even in the title.
    Yes, but when was the last time it happened? Just saying, I agree... some symbolism in the derailment going on.

The other day I saw a bus driver reading his mobile phone while waiting for the traffic light. I hope they aren't busy reading protest news.

A week ago or so a bus driver killed instantly, crushing into the vehicle in the front.

https://news.now.com/home/local/play...=374636&home=1

In synthesis from a local train forum:
    今年九月中早上繁 ¿™æ™‚é–“ï¼Œæ±éµç¶«ç´ …磡站列車出軌事 •…
    機電署初步調查, œ¨è·¯è»Œç™¼ç¾ä¸€æ¢ç´„ 1至2æ¯«ç±³è£‚ç´‹ï¼ŒæŽ’é ™¤ç”±å¤–ç‰©æˆ–æƒ¡æ„ç  ´å£žæ‰€è‡´ï¼Œé è¨ˆ 2 月底前完成調查工 作。
    And from Google Translate (it’s getting pretty good at translating Cantonese):
    Train derailed at Hung Hom Station on East Rail Line during peak hours in mid-September this year
    The EMSD preliminary investigation found a crack of about 1 to 2 mm in the rail, which was ruled out by foreign objects or malicious damage. The investigation is expected to be completed by the end of February.
    shri, Coolboy, Mefisto and 2 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11